cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch drops outs and continually restarts

I Have a modem and 2 fetch boxes.

One is working fine  Fetch box  directly connected to modem.

The other is connected via D line and keps saying no signal and restarting obtaining a pictute for a minute and then no signal and restarting repeatedly.

I have checked all cables and D line power socket units both show 3 green lights. 

Any idea what the problem is?

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Re: Fetch drops outs and continually restarts

Hmm my initial thought would be an issue with the powerline adaptors. Are you able to swap the boxes over and see if the one that isn't working works when plugged in directly, and visa versa? This should confirm if the issue is with the set top box or not.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thank you...I swapped the Fetch boxes...it is the box ...I called Tech support....a reset pressing the coloured buttons on the remote did not fix the box...Optus is arranging to send a new one 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Cool! Thanks for letting us know, @MazT

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Got a call from brother in law as his fetch box has stopped responding. Went to start our fetch box to troubleshoot his problems only to discover ours unresponsive too. Pulled the power and on restart a software update commenced and completed. The box is now on Software Version “2.19 Endeavour River” (build date Thu, 29 March 2019 11:23:36). 

Possibly the issue with your box is a hang in a software update.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors