cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch crashes when exiting Netflix

I would try

1) A different TV and HDMI cable (as a test)
2) A soft reset (no files lost)
3) Request a replacement. Its a leased device and no one else has these issues. Optus will send one out with a return satchel for the other.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I get these issues on both of my Fetch boxes (Mighty and Mini), so this isn’t an isolated/random hardware fault. There was acknowledgment a few posts up of this issue being a software bug, and apparently it was getting fixed in the next OS update, but I haven’t seen that land yet.

Note: this issue always happens when you exit Netflix while a show is busy playing. Likewise, I also get the “weird white line through the middle of the screen” issue when I start Netflix sometimes too.

This is clearly all related, and is clearly affecting multiple users.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@LarterStyles
Sorry, yes there's a few reports of the issue over the 1000's of Fetch boxes out there. Its some software, Netflix, Hardware, TV, HDMI, combo causes the glitch. It would seem to be FetchTV's responsibility as they are the ones that provide the hardware and software (So I would also contact them for best results).

I'm only suggesting that its a bug that affects a very small number of users/boxes and judging by this thread is not on the radar to be fixed any time soon. Although you will lose your recorded content the simplest workaround would be to request a replacement box.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have had this issue for a long time, it has just been getting worse. Was very intermittent before but now happens every 3rd time.
I have had the "joy" of just replacing a box. This doesn't fix it.
This is definately a Fetch bug and I would hope Optus would contact Fetch on my behalf (as I am not a direct Fetch customer).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@Rojbe, diagnostically speaking an issue that affects (much) less than 1% of customers and you replace the equipment and still have the problem strongly suggests the cause is some combination of your setup. It may be the actual settings you have on your Fetchbox but as mentioned above also your internet connection/provider, modem, HDMI cable, TV, Sound system, Netflix settings, etc. Mathematically the chances that a 1% Fetch problem affected you twice is less than 1 in 10,000.

If you can try use the Fetch box in another house. Completely different setup. Do a soft reset and rescan there (keep menu options to a default as much as possible) and see if the issue persists.

Failing that you can likely raise (reraise) the issue with fetch directly via fetchsupport AT support.fetchtv.com.au
0 Kudos
Top Contributors