cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Re: I'm having the exact same issue, it's only related to Net...

Hi there,

There is a new firmware update for Fetch rolling out next week. We'll be posting more info about it tomorrow.

There is no indication at the moment that it includes a fix for Netflix issues though.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
ccabe_
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch crashes when exiting Netflix

Am also having this issue and it’s becoming extremely annoying. Did anyone find a resolution to this without having to fluff around with dreaded tech support and a new box?
0 Kudos
LarterStyles
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’m still affected by this, many months later...
Fattabbot
New Contributor
New Contributor

As am I - to the point where I have re-arranged my living room to enable easier access to the power point for when the fetch box requires a hard reset.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

You may have better luck contacting Fetch via Facebook. They've made it a bit more challenging to contact them via their website.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I am now no longer part of Yes Crowd or Optus. Thank you to all those who have contributed to the forum during my time, especially the regulars! Cheers!
0 Kudos
LarterStyles
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hmmm, it kind of begs the question why this forum even exists then, if Fetch and/or Optus don’t monitor it, and issues raised on here can‘t be escalated to them.

I don’t have Facebook, so if someone else on this thread could please do the honours? Thanks!
0 Kudos
LarterStyles
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I managed to capture a video of this issue (see https://share.icloud.com/photos/0Z2kn4pMDbXffAz_HDNnEIi7Q#Tuart_Hill), and so sent it to Fetch directly. After performing a bunch of basic troubleshooting steps (soft resets, etc.) which didn’t help, they eventually replied with this:

“The problem occurs due to the Netflix application not being closed correctly in the background.

The good news is we have a new version of Netflix provided to us that will fix many issues including this one.

Unfortunately the update will not be available for a few weeks time as it is currently in the test phase.

Another thing you can try before launching Netflix is to go to Menu > Manage > Settings > Device Info (scroll to the right if not visible) and select options.

Once there select Netflix Exit which should help temporarily.”
LarterStyles
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

In regards to my video, I started the recording after I exited Netflix and the screen went black.

As is always the case, the screen remains like this for about 20-30 seconds, then finally returns to the TV screen (which behaves normally) — however the next time I open Netflix the screen remains black indefinitely. The only way to fix this is to turn the box off at the wall.
0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

A really great update, very much appreciated LarterStyles, I'm sure others with experiencing this feel the same.

Thanks for confirming it's not an Optus issue and hopefully that fix from Fetch/Netflix app comes in soon.

0 Kudos
Rojbe
New Contributor
New Contributor

Has this issue got any resolution?
When I start Netflix every 2 or 3 times it will not start. I suspect the previous time a show has only been 1/2 watched, however I usually go back to the main menu before exiting Netflix.
When the issue happens, it's just after the password is entered I get a flash of white & sometimes a white & Gray Line near the middle of the screen (like an old tv horizontal sync line). No matter which button I press, nothing happens MOST of the time. Sometimes I can scroll to the left & right & can select a user profile, but this is rare.
When I press the button on the remote, I can see the Fetch receiving the signal, but nothing happens. The ONLY fix is to physically unplug the Fetch box to reset it.
Would really love this fixed!
0 Kudos
Top Contributors