cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Blog Author

Re: I'm having the exact same issue, it's only related to Net...

@RFBurns , I've sent an email with a link to this thread across to our TV & Content team. 

As soon as I receive a response back, I'll update this thread. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@RFBurns @LarterStyles @Dan_C 

I am also experiencing exactly the same issue as you both. Been happening for over a year now. Only occurs with Netflix exclusively. Only fix is to unplug cable as previously mentioned.

I have tried all troubleshooting methods mentioned and hasn't made a difference. I also have a separate Netflix app on my Samsung smart tv and that app works fine constantly - even when the Fetch Netflix app has locked up my fetch box on exit I can play the other app fine. 
I have noticed a weird occasional pattern to the issue that occurs on exit of Netflix - it seems to have that dark screen issue majority of the time when I choose to exit Netflix "too quickly" - when I press the exit button when not within the home screen, e.g. when paused on a show/playing a show, or if I exit straight from browsing a genre section. 
On occasions I have found that if I return to the Netflix home screen after finishing watching a show and give it a couple of secs before I hit exit button, the issue doesn't seem to occur as much and it behaves normally on exit. 
It does go through periods of not occurring for a while then it seems to come back again and occur more frequently, as it is now. 
Hopefully the team can look into this and find a fix. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Have you requested a replacement box?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

No I haven't. Not convinced that it's an issue with the box itself as others are also experiencing the same thing?

Box works fine for everything else. Trying to avoid having to lose all my content if I can. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Very Understandable. However the issue doesn't seem to affect everyone. So a new box might be the solve. Only question if the hassle is worth it.
Peter Gillespie
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Peter appreciate the prompt reply. 

I'll keep an eye on this thread for a bit and see if we get any more ppl with same issue or if anything else develops. I have the workaround so I can deal with it for the time being rather than replace the box and lose my content. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

I did actually receive a response back from the team. They've advised that they've seen this issue pop in the past, but it's normally resolved by a factory reset. It might not be an ideal solution (given that it'll result in any saved recordings being removed from the device completely). 

They've offered to raise a case with Fetch directly, but we'll first need a few more details. I've just gone back and asked what sort of details we need for Fetch to investigate this one for us. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for the info Dan appreciate it. Happy to provide extra details when you know what they need. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Blog Author

I'll let you know as soon as they respond back.

Normally, they’ll ask for the Fetch model number, serial number and MAC address (that's printed on the stick on the back or underneath the device).

They'll also ask for the version of firmware you're using. The latest update is 2.23 Idalia

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi again all. Just thought I'd drop in to say that I'm still experiencing this issue — even on 2.24 Japoon

0 Kudos