cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch box wont turn on

My Fetch TV box seems to be stuck on standby and wont turn on. However it is.playi g the last station the kids were watching. How do I fix this?
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch box wont turn on

Google soft and hard reset (the later deletes all saved programs)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

If i do a soft or hard reset, i assume i would require to re-enter my acrivation code. If i cant turn on the fetch box i cant get to the menu to get tje code, is there another way?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If its not turning on how do you know what station it is playing?

A soft reset doesn't require any activation code. So worth trying

A hard reset requires the code which is the same as you entered last time. It might also be available in MYACCOUNT or the OPTUS APP
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

It is stuck on amd playing the Nicalodian channel the kids watch. If i turn the power off and then back on i get the channel selection menu on the screen but cant select anything. The strange thing is the power lights are all Red. Not blue. When i press a button on the remote the STB button flashes Red.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Possibly the issue is with the remote.

Try the soft reset see what that does.

Turn off your Fetch TV box and wait for at least 30 seconds, then turn it back on
Within 2 minutes of restarting your Fetch box, press Red > Green > Yellow > Blue on your remote
Keep pressing these buttons in order until the R or Paw light on the Fetch box starts flashing red. This usually occurs after the screen turns off and on
Once the Fetch box restarts, you will need to enter your activation code and complete the setup process

Apparently you will need the activation code
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Peter, i did try that but the remote doesnt seem to be linked to the box. I will have to take a different tact. I did a remote reaet but i am not sure if it should be showing me options on the screen once into reset mode . As i cant get the box to turn on i cant see anything
0 Kudos