Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
McWin2610
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch box won’t turn on

Hi, my fetch was working fine last night. Now this morning I was faced with a blank screen. I could get the remote to do anything ( turn it off and on) primarily so I unplugged the power cord. After a few minutes I’ve plugged it back in and now I can’t get the fetch to turn on at all. I’ve reset the remote but that hasn’t worked either. Any ideas. Very frustrating. Please help

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Fetch box won’t turn on

Hi 

Are you able to perform a soft reset as per these instructions? 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Soft-Reset/ta-p/133753

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
McWin2610
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks Dave, I am unable to follow the soft reset as it will not turn on as per the instructions to then be able to press the required button. Odd hey!

0 Kudos
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Sound like a chat to Optus for a replacement but one last thing you could try is to install the Optus yes tv app on your mobile device, link it with your fetch box and using this as your remote. Should show whether it's the box or the remote.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Hi @McWin2610, have you tried a factory reset? It's not the first thing we'd suggest but if you've exhausted your trouble shooting options this is what we'd suggest before ordering a replacement device → https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Hard-Reset/ta-p/133701. Keep in mind that you will lose any saved content on the device. If you've purchased content from the movie box, you'll still be able to download any movies/television shows. You can find your Fetch activation code by logging onto your Optus.com.au/myaccount.

Within the Dashboard tab, select the Yes TV by Fetch option and your activation code will be displayed on the main page. It’s a series of numbers / letters. Let us know how you go.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
McWin2610
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your help but I have got a replacement from Fetch. Problem solved. Thanks again. 

Dan_C
Retired Employee
Retired Employee

Ah, that's not a problem @McWin2610. Glad to hear. If anything else comes up in the future, you know where to find us! 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
B90
New Contributor
New Contributor

I’m having the same problem. Can’t turn the box on or off to do a reset. I’ve also downloaded the app to try and see if the remote was the problem, but it wouldn’t connect. I’m not sure who to contact next...

0 Kudos
Toomey
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@B90 it sounds like you may need to get a replacement box. Please jump into Live Chat with Tech Support to get this organised.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy