Searching...

Fetch box stereo/5.1 issues

Hylo

Fetch box sound works on free to air and fetch channels with sound Settings on stereo only. Switch to Netflix and I get full 5.1 sound ( happens automatically)and can watch Netflix all good. Switch back to Fetch and I only get sound on free to air. I need to go to sound settings where its says its on stereo, but when I click to change it asks for pin then shows sound as 5.1. I change back to stereo and I get sound on my Fetch channels again.

This is really painful is there a fix? 

Re: Fetch box stereo/5.1 issues

Nghi

Hey Hylo, I can understand why that would be annoying Smiley Sad I'm assuming you have your own sound system that accepts 5.1 output from the Fetch TV box. What happens when you setup 5.1 surround manually in the settings? Does the sound disappear on Free to Air or streaming channels? I will pass along your feedback to our Fetch TV product manager about the Netflix App changing the audio settings to 5.1 and not changing back to stereo automatically when exiting back to standard Fetch TV channels.

Hylo

thanks for the reply

. Free to air work on both stereo and 5.1. Streaming channels only work on stereo. It would be good if streaming channels accepted the 5.1 format then I wouldn't have a problem and free to air could be listened in 5.1 without having to change settings

Nghi

I agree that it would be good if streaming channels supported 5.1 however it is just a limitation on how they are encoded and licensed by the rights holders. Thanks for the extra info and I will pass along. New firmware is released from time to time and this might be addressed in a future update.

curranw

Any solution to this problem yet?

Sam_D

Hey @curranw,

Are you experiencing exactly the same issue as @Hylo or a different variation?

curranw

Similar problem.

The audio is set to stereo on the fetch box When I go into netflix, it automatically changes to 5.1 audio.

When I go back to fetchtv, the audio sounds like 5.1 because I have no centre channel sound. When I check the audio setting, it says stereo, but I have to change it to 5.1 then back to stereo for the fetch box to send stereo.

My amplifier decodes the stereo signal into surround. When watching anything on netflix that is not 5.1, I only hear a stereo signal because the fetch box is sending 5.1, but within the 5.1 channels, there is only sound on the the Left and Right channels.

Hoep that makes sense.

Nghi

Thanks for that curranw, the 5.1 support on the Fetch TV box is still not supported fully and we have passed along feedback about your and Hylo's experience. New firmware is rolled out all the time to add new features plus bug fixes.

curranw

'the 5.1 support on the Fetch TV box is still not supported fully'

REALLY? It is 2016. It's not 1990. I find this ludicrous.

evil_josh

I have exactly this issue but I did not know until reading this thread that Netflix was causing the problem .

Any fixes yet? This thread is from 2016.  It's now 2018 and the issue still seems to be there!!

Thanks.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
50 Kudos
19 Kudos
16 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos