Searching...

Fetch box - ongoing 'Critical Hardware Fault' - 2.17 - 2.19 Endeavour River

Scripterr

Hi, I've been putting up with ongoing 'Critical Hardware Fault' messages from the start of the 2.17 upgrade to the current 2.19 Endeavour River upgrade....on top of that the box is slow and I even have playback errors.

20180530_121910.jpg

20180530_121335.jpg

Now, 'why' have i been putting up with this for so long?

Well.

When I FIRST got this box, it was faulty and it took 2 weeks and THREE OVERSEAS correspondents/nights to finally listen and replace the box. After that experience, I dreaded calling back with this new (technically old) issue. But I've had enough now...and after seeing so many other people with the same issue...well. I expect a replacement. free of charge and FREE OF HASSLE. Thanks. much appreciated.

Re: Fetch box - ongoing 'Critical Hardware Fault' - 2.17 - 2.19 Endeavour River

Toomey

Hey @Scripterr, your box is covered by warranty so getting a replacement should be no issue. Send me a private message with the below details and I should be able to get one sent via express courier with a return satchel for the old box.

Full Name:

Account Number:

DOB:

Mobile Number:

Email Address:

Preferred Delivery Address:

Are You The Primary Account Holder: Y/N

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

Scripterr

Thanks for replying quickly, Toomey

I'll mark the solution 'accepted' once ive received the box.

Regards,

ninkasi

FWIW I had a similar issue (Critical Hardware Fault whilst trying to update to 2.19) and just contacted the help line after going through various troubleshooting steps myself. Before the error appeared, I was also finding that sometimes it would be jerky on playback of recorded content, sometimes freeze completely - no doubt the hard drive has been failing. They are sending out a replacement as well (https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment/Fetch-TV-Box-Critical-Hardware-Fault/m-p/434190/hi...)

Cheers

Scripterr

Hi Toomey,

To credit you/optus, i did receive the box yesterday...set it up today. So far so good...

BUT its the same model no. and given my issue was a HARDWARE issue,  im a bit wary especially because i know my sister has a newer model, PLUS retailers are offering the new model for the same initial purchase price. So not sure whats happening there.

Ill return the 'old' box but i was expecting the newer model in the mail. Can you please explain why this was?

Thanks.

Scripterr

Yep. sounds familiar.

I hope YOUR model is an update from the fetch MT605T that i RE-received. Theyre up to an M616T in retail shops.

Dan_C

We do use refurbished units as warranty replacement devices. That might explain why you were given the same variant.

How's the replacement unit functioning? Any issues thus far or are we looking okay? 

If you do run into any issues, you're always welcome to reach out to us here. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

ninkasi

Mine arrived today - M616T in my case, so brand new. Plugged in, all working. Only (minor) issue for me is that the newer box does not have an antenna 'out' port (I had the antenna plugged into Fetch, and then the TV plugged into Fetch) so I guess I'll need to get a splitter if I want to see FTA via the TV tuner, but frankly we never do that so I can live without for the moment.

Scripterr

Thankyou for the update ninkasi....Im glad you got a better model! Fingers crossed it works better Smiley Happy

My refurbished one freezes after its been on standby. Back to the drawing board :/

Highlighted

Scripterr

Hi Dan_C

So...ive tried it for a couple days and im) finding it freezes when its been in standby mode. And i see that other customers are getting the newer model. My next replacement will be unrefurbished i.e. the latest model (M616T)..correct?

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
51 Kudos
34 Kudos
24 Kudos
15 Kudos
8 Kudos