cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor MandyM
Occasional Contributor

Fetch box not active from optus

My fetch box is not activated from optus, it doesn't even bring up the screen for the activation code I don't even have. Have called heaps of times, so many live chats I can't even count keep getting told it will be done in 48 hours, done in 24 hours, done in 5 days due to bill migration. It has now been over 10 weeks without it. Took me about 8 weeks just to get my home phone number through live chat as it is private. Can someone please help? Do I just cancel the service and go to telstra?

0 Kudos
12 Replies
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch box not active from optus

You should see your activation code in the MYACCOUNT for the home line (there will be a menu option on the right side saying FETCHTV)

I assume you've done a hard reset on the box?

Hard reset using your remote control

Turn off your Fetch TV box then turn it back on. When the first screen appears (about 10 seconds into the start-up process) begin pressing the following buttons on your remote control in order.

Blue, Yellow, Green, Red individually from Right to Left

Once this is successful the   light on the fetch box will start flashing and the Fetch Box will reset.

Warning: This will delete ALL recorded content, settings, series tags and messages.

If you are not getting to any activation screen then it would seem the box is busted. Its a leased box so you should just need to request a replacement. I'm not sure why weeks of calls would need to be made for Optus not to note the unit needed to be replaced? 

Go to LIVECHAT here online (phone calls takes hours) and request a replacement be sent out with a satchel to return the busted box.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter,

Yes I have been told by optus that it needs to be activated by them first then I will get sent a code and never get one. There is no code in my account I went searching last night. Everytime I do livechat I get told they can't help me with fecth and to call up even after an hour on live chat explaining what is happening. We moved house and it is a brand new fetch box. Took 6 weeks last time we moved too. Hard reset yes, turning on and off yes. We have nothing recorded yet as we haven't been able to use it. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Its a bit bizarre that LIVECHAT can't seem to just issue an activation code. There should be a dedicated area for Fetch issues (possibly only available in business hours?). The assigning of a Fetch Activation should be essentially aotomatic for anyone sent a box these days. 

Anyway I'll flag a mod @Dan_C who can hopefully prod things along behind the scenes. All I can suggest is that you either LIVECHAT or CALL again and simply don't get off the phone until someone gives you the sequesnce that is the activation code. Also you should request two months credit (2x$20) for a non-functional box.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Send your details through @MandyM, I'll shoot through the Fetch activation code for you.

I'm really not sure why we've had so much difficulty with this one.

Message us with your full name, DOB and account number.

I'll get back to you as soon as I can. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Dan,

An activation code won't help at this point as the box itself is not active and I don't have an account number either, it is like my internet/fetch doesn't exist.

Thanks

Amanda 

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

If the box won't turn on then request it be swapped over?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

I haven't said the box won't turn on it says in a red box We couldn't log in your fetch Tv box, it appears to have failed login with your Fetch Tv Service Provider. At the top it says This Box is not active.  Don't worry Peter I will try to get onto them yet again as I am not getting an answer from here either from optus. Thanks

0 Kudos
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

But I do worry Smiley Happy

I'm not sure what is happening exactly with your box but either you have the option to enter an activation code or you don't. If not then its effectively broken (as its the first thing that any box asks you after boot up). If you do then you need an activation code.

I would recommend you send @Dan_C a PM (click on his name) as there's a good chance he'll sort the issue for you. But he can't do anything until you ID yourself.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi Peter,

This has happened before so I know the box isn't faulty it just needs to be activated from optus as like every other time we have moved house and then once it has been made active I should be sent an activation code. My issue is I can't seem to get anyone to do that. I don't have an account number for this so I can't send that to Dan. I am going to stop monitoring this now as this is now taking up too much time responding without getting the help I need. As I said I will get onto optus again if I can't get it active within 48 houra as always promised I am going to Telstra I have already picked out the plan I want. Thanks anyway.

0 Kudos