cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch box is turning off, restarting off in a loop over & over

"thanks heaps for running through the troubleshooting"
They didn't? (and can't)
"Generally speaking, an Ethernet connection almost always provides both a stronger and more reliable broadband service"
True, but how is that relevant to a box that keeps turning on and off?
"Give those a shot"
You only mentioned one action?
"I would recommend having a chat to our Tech Teams available 24/7"
Optus should consider that "available" to customers means "contactable". Not the ability to send a one way message that might take a day to get a response from. Perhaps Optus should update their signatures to "available within 24 hours"?

@Krid1

It seems for some of the units they did just come good after time so you could also just wait a day or two. Turning it on every now and again to check.

Other than that unfortunately your only other options at this point are to try a soft and then hard reset. These can usually be done at power on:

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/support/answer?id=9826

If those don't work then Optus will replace the box on request (you just have to be able to get in contact.)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Peterdownload, interesting - have you managed to fix the problem, who did you do, this is very frustrating 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sometimes stuff breaks and yes its frustrating. My suggestions are unchanged from above.

One of the (big) benefits of an Optus Fetch is that its leased device so Optus will swap over one that isn't working at any time. All you have to do is ask.
0 Kudos
Top Contributors