cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch box is turning off, restarting off in a loop over & over

Fetch box is turning off & restarting briefly before turning off & restarting again in a loop
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Fetch box is turning off, restarting off in a loop over & over

Hey @suzannec - Thank you for letting us know about this.

Have you had the chance to try the Fetch Troubleshooting Page here which our customers have been using?

If there is still an issue after attempting the guide, you may need to try Hard Reset. Please not though, if this was a Fetch which stores/records content, this will be erased as part of the troubleshooting.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I tried the troubleshooting page but this question hadn’t been asked so there was no answer for it. I’ve done the soft reset to no avail
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Sounds faulty (possibly overheating? Does it feel very hot to touch?)

You can try the soft reset (no recordings lost) and then a hard reset (all recordings lost)

Failing that request it be swapped over - Optus will send out a replacement.
Highlighted

Hi @suzanecc, I agree with what @petergdownload is saying. Please try the soft reset and if that doesn't work, a hard reset may resolve the issue. You can view more info in our How to reset your Fetch Box guide.

If the issue does persist, please send us a message via the My Optus App so that we can assist further. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thankyou. I tried the soft reset to no avail but then turned it off & went to bed. This arvo I turned it all back on & it seems to be working. Thanks for your help
Highlighted

Perfect to hear @suzannec - Let us know if you need any further assistance.

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Leaving it off/unplugged overnight also worked for me
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mine is also doing this. Has been looping for well over an hour and no response from the Optus online support.
I have turned the box off and left it with no resolution.
There must be troubleshooting available other than turn it off and go to bed.
It’s Saturday night
0 Kudos
Highlighted

G'day @Krid1, thanks heaps for running through the troubleshooting mate. By any chance was your Fetch set top box connected via Ethernet? Generally speaking, an Ethernet connection almost always provides both a stronger and more reliable broadband service. Give those a shot and see how you go.

Should you continue to have issues after this, I would recommend having a chat to our Tech Teams available 24/7 via the Optus App. There the teams will be able to run some closer checks and walk you through restoration. 

Top Contributors