cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch box internet issue

My fetch box keeps losing internet wifi my phone connection is fine only have 1 fetch box & issue only started last week. I have to re start about 5 times a day and now that has stopped working. Any ideas?
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Fetch box internet issue

Hi there @Fetchissue, sorry to hear you're having some troubles with your Fetch TV set top box.

Try the troubleshooting steps on this page → https://bit.ly/2WccSrp to see if they help fix your issue.

You mentioned that your phone connection is fine.  Just to confirm, are you using the Fetch box with your phone 4G Internet?  Our Fetch TV service is not suitable for a 4G Internet connection and would require a fixed home Internet connection to ensure a stable service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch is connected to NBN I was making the point this wasnt the issue as my phone connected fine. I did a soft reset which worked for 2 days but the issue has started again. The red light appears for internet & message says lost connection. I re start the fetch box and it's ok. But I have been recording which means there's gaps & its also very inconvenient having to re start. The issue has only just started since the update. I've had the fetch box for over 3 years. Please advise what I can do to fix the issue.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @fetchissues, cheers for the additional information there mate. How did you go with the troubleshooting recommended above?  Just in case you have not done so already, if you could also please connect your set top box via the Ethernet cable provided that would be much appreciated. Generally speaking, an Ethernet connection almost always provides both a stronger and more reliable broadband service.

Should you have any more issues after this. I would recommend having a chat to our Support teams available via the Optus App, where they will run some further checks and walk you through to restoration

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Yes I have tried troubleshooting guide which hadn't permanently fixed the issue. Using ethernet isn't an feasible option for me and never needed to for the past 3 years. Something has changed. Maybe the fetch box is faulty and needs replacing?
0 Kudos
Highlighted

If you've also tried both a soft reset and hard reset and it's still not fixing the issue then please get in touch with our support team via the My Optus app to organise a replacement. This can also be arranged with our social media team on Facebook or Twitter.