Searching...

Fetch box and wifi

cworths

Currently gave Fetch mighty box with netflix via wifi modem on main tv. Would like to watch on 2nd tv but not a smart tv. If i add a fetch mini to 2nd tv is that enough to watch netflix etc. Or do i need ine of those chromecast dongles

Re: Fetch box and wifi

pwright

Fetch TV Mini will do everything the First Bigger box will do, accept record TV.  You can play back your recordings off your mighty off the Mini over Wifi, and share any subscription channels etc.  You can also use all the apps including Netflix, and it can hook onto Wifi as well as your main box.  Optus will charge you $5 a month for a Mini, in addition to your Main Box, but if you want Netflix, it would be well worth it for your second TV.

[ Edited ]
ConfusedJen

Duplicate post

ConfusedJen

I have a 2nd tv that’s not a smart tv so doesn’t have an Ethernet Port just a HDMI port. Will a mini work?

Highlighted

pwright

Yes will work a treat.  You will plug the Mini in a power point, and plug into the TV via HDMI, the Mini will talk back to your Modem via Wifi Wireless and have all the benefits of the Mighty apart from recording.  Has a inbuilt setup top box, and you can plug a free to air antenna into the Mini as well to use it as a Channel Changer etc.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
16 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
10 Kudos