cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Fetch box Gen 3 stuck on reboot loop

I just upgraded my fetch box Gen 2 to Gen 3,everything seems to be up to date but the problem I'm having is that everytime I select 7flix channel the box just get stuck on a reboot loop, so annoying, I already done the soft and hard reset but still didn't fix the problem.

9 Replies
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fetch box Gen 3 stuck on reboot loop

Same. I read this somewhere else too. As soon as 7flix appears quickly change to another channel and it'll stop rebooting. Guess we need an update.
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the exact same problem - Optus please fix

Highlighted

Hi @JorgeB1, as you have tried both a soft reset and hard reset on your Fetch box and the issue is still occurring, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app for further assistance. 

Our Messaging team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.

@juzdu @Tanksalot Have you had a chance to try performing a soft reset on your Fetch box to see if this would resolve the issue? You can find the steps for a soft reset on our How to reset your Fetch box support page.

If the issue persists, we recommend messaging us via the My Optus app for further assistance. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Just tonight I tried to watch 7Flix and a second or two after changing channels it rebooted. Same as your issue.

After multiple (at least 6) attempts to change from ABC24 straight to 7Flix resulting in exactly the same fault I tried instead going down the channel list one channel at a time and all the channels inbetween worked just fine. I stayed on every channel for up to a couple of minutes each. It wasn't until I got to 7Flix that again it simply automatically rebooted. Did this a couple times to make sure it was a recreatable fault.

I suspect 7Flix is doing something with their video or audio codec that this version of the Fetch software is incapable of processing, causing a complete system restart as I can watch it for hours on any other channel with no problem whatsoever. Right now it's back playing ABC24 without a hitch.

I'm on 3.10.2 Abercrombie installed on a Fetch Mini, connected to fibre NBN with a large external TV antenna on the roof so should not be any issue with data or signal strength. Living in a Perth inner suburb.

As previously mentioned best to just avoid 7Flix until someone works out what the issue is and we get an update.

Highlighted

G'day @steveamac, its not great to see that you are having issues with your Tv viewing. 7Flix is a Free to Air channel that does not require a broadband connection in which the Fetch set top box provides. Generally speaking, issues viewing FTA channels stems from weak aerial and reception connections. 

Have you tried Troubleshooting the FTA channels as of yet? Give those a shot and see how you go. 

Should you have any issues after troubleshooting once the update on your Fetch top box completes, I would recommend having a chat to our Messenger Teams whom are available 24/7 via the Optus App - where our tech teams would be more than happy to take a closer look into your concern

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

@SteveAMC thanks for the repply mate, I live in Sydney and I never had any issue with this channel in my gen2 box until I upgraded to gen4, the weird thing is the channel seems to work fine during the day but like a timer around 9pm last night it went on reboot loop again so as soon as it came back on I changed the channel to stop it, i hope Optus find a solution soon
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Gen3 sorry
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I have the same problem. I'm not going to run generic troubleshooting when it already has been mentioned in the forum without success. It happens later in the evening not during the day or early evening.  It happens in Perth and Sydney so I can't see how it is signal related, particularly when all other channels from Seven are fine. This needs to be escalated to 2nd level support to investigate and provide a VALID diagnosis of the issue and a solution

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Mine was a nighttime issue too...I rarely watch 7Flix and probably never during the day so I hadn't made that connection.  What could possibly be different in the evening enough to make the box crap itself like that.  Very weird.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors