cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch and Netflix

A replacement Fetch Box won't load Netflix - I get the logo, a spinning red disc, then Netflix crashes. It worked fine on the old Fetch box. I have been through soft and hard re-set with Optus, who then directed me to Netflix saying it was their problem. But, as Netflix pointed out, Netflix works fine on other devices in the house, so it must be a Fetch problem. It would be great to get this fixed (or receive another replacement Fetch box if necessary) rather than being sent from one provider to another

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Fetch and Netflix

Hey @David21, that's rather odd. Your new set top box should be able to load Netflix- have you tried troubleshooting as of yet?

I would recommend having a look at the following link here? http://bit.ly/2YybzS5 which will provide you with some more information and guides on how to better the connectivity from your premise. Give those a shot and see how you go. 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks, I'll check the link.I have done all the standard troubleshooting, hard/soft, pressing colours etc

0 Kudos
Highlighted

No worries mate. If the issue continues after this, we recommend chatting with our Support channel via the My Optus App → app.optus.com.au/msg-us?tags=SMCT where the teams will be able to walk you through this process and assist in the best possible way. Our Messaging team are available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

So, finally, Optus accepted it is their problem not Foxtel's. I was told that there is a general problem with new Fetch boxes not loading Netflix, and that I'll have to wait until an update to the system fixes the glitch.

It would have been good to know this before wasting so much time trying to fix the problem. If Optus knew there was a problem, why not tell customers?

0 Kudos