Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch Won't work on TV

Fetch was working OK on my main TV (Samsung) until recently. Now when it's turned on you can see the Menu screen and the TV guide, but when I select anything to watch (including recorded programs) all I get is a black screen. When I try to use Netflix I can login and select something to watch but then the sceen goes pink I have checked and double checked all connections including the power adapters which are OK.I have done numerous soft resets but as yet have avoided a hard reset as I don't want to lose my recoeded itemsespecially as Fetch does work fine on other smaller TV's. It now runs software version 2.22 Heathcote. Perhaps that's the problem. Any assistance would be appreciated

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch Won't work on TV

A funny mix of symptoms. Try swapping out the HDMI cable.

As you can see the MENU then things are sort of running. It sounds like possibly the Fetch is set to output to an incompatible screen format for one TV. Check in MENU what video resolution is set.

Can you try on a third TV?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Peter, thanks for your input.

Fetch also works on another TV I tried it on. I swapped out 4 other HDMI cables which all work on the smaller TVs. No luck. One I tried gave me a picture but it was all bright green. I tried that HDMI again a bit latter but again there was no picture. A few times when I was checking the video resolution the menu flickered off and on a number of times. The existing setup had been working well for nearly 2 years. Could the problem be caused by the software update and if so is there any way around it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

I must say I'm at a loss. Logically the only thing that is common to your failures is the TV. I can only suggest that perhaps the TV is somehow not registering as a display only device so the HDMI security is kicking in and blocking signals (image). The fact you can see the Fetch Menu says just about every thing is fine as is the fact the unit works fine with other TVs. 

If its the FW then not much you can do other than wait for another global update (2-6 months). 

You could perhaps contact FetcTV direct and tell them the TV model and explain the issue. They may be interested in investigating further. 

Otherwise I can only say bite the bullet and do a hard reset. That or get Optus to send out a replacement unit (its a lease so they will). Unfortunately  Optus will brick your current unit when they do that.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your help. The TV's Fetch works on are too small to have in the living area so it looks like I'll try a hard reset and if that doesn't work see about a replacement box. Again thanks for your quick responses.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

looking at the forum, looks like there are few issues with the 2.22 firmware, not sure if that have anything to do with it. It could be a change in the HDMI code for authentication and causing issue with the Samsung TVs.

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Before doing a hard reset, I thought I'd retry everything I'd tried before. When using different HDMI cables the one I'd used before which gave me a green screen for a moment then black screen went green and black as before but when I jiggled the cable I got a correct picture.  I had not yet posted the result as I keep expecting it to play up but so far it has been working fine. As yet I have not been game to check if other HDMIs work or not. Thank you for your input.