Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch WARNING!

Anyone wanting to use HDMI to connect Fetch Set Top Box to your Home Entertainment Reciever/Amplifier don't bother!
It does not work! I just talked with Optus and they know about it but can't/won't fix it!

This is a PATHETIC response from Optus! So they sell a product that is not fit for use & don't care about it! So much for customer service and responsible business models.....VERY DISSAPOINTED I AM!

0 Kudos
8 Replies
Highlighted
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Fetch WARNING!

Hi 

I have my Fetch box connected through a Samsung sound bar and it works well for me. See previous post: 

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment/Optusnet-fetch-no-pic-with-Onkyo-receiver/m-p/2963...

Edit.  @Williamtell I take you had success by trying the connections I use. 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Sound bar is not what I am talking about. I am talking about interfacing the Fetch Box with a receiver/amplifier via HDMI cable.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Super Contributor

A soundbar is a Rec/Amp I have my Fetch connected to my Yamaha 7.1 ch Soundbar by HDMI just make sure the cable is ARC compliant.

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey @Williamtell, apologies for the inconvenience caused.  Yes TV by Fetch should  have no issues connecting with an amplifier or a home entertainment.  I'd recommend checking this with our techs on 133937 and also with your home entertainment  manufacturer. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Mine works fine through my Yamaha av receiver 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I am looking at a Samsung sound bar.  Can I control the sound bar using the Fetch remote?  I'm guessing  + / - volume will be OK.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Are you trying to connect your Fetch box to your amplifier and then the amplifier to to your TV????

Regardless, try Fetch box to TV and sound system to TV and set up using Fetch audio settings screens.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Update. Just bought a Samsung sound bar R650 3.1 channel.  HN $325  Ok, not a powerful unit but it does us in our 6mx6m rumpus.

Here's how I set it up:

Samsung smart TV late model

Fetch Mighty with remote replacing TV remote.  To HDMI 2

Panasonic DVD BluRay To HDMI 4

Samsung R650 3.1 channel to HDMI 3 APC.

Note:  NO interconnections.

Note:  All connected automatically etc.

Our settings:

TV audio to Dolby 5.1  (Used TV remote)

Sound bar to surround sound and Bass +6  (Used sound bar remote)

Fetch mighty unchanged. (Use Fetch remote set to replace TV remote)

Tested on:

Never Ending Story - HD 5.1 - from STAN via Fetch Mighty - the rock biter first scenes.  Excellent!  Got the surround sound and sub-woofer rumble feelings just like in the movies theatre.  Ok, not as loud or as strong, but significantly different to TV speakers!

Notes:

The sub woofer on above was excellent.  But on normal TV, hardly heard.  Not an issue for us.

Sound bar turns on and off with TV.

Can control Volume and mute with Fetch remote.

So . .  I'd avoid plugging things into things and use your TV as the plug in hub.  In our case, it also means the DVD player (and anything else plugged into the TV) gets to use the sound bar as well.

Hope this helps.