cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch Tv dark picture

My Fetch TV has stared having a very dark picture. Was working fine last night but now can barely see anything (including the menu). The tv is fine as all other inputs work. HDMI cable is fine as the issue is same on different cables. Have tried both hard and soft resets of the fetch box. 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Fetch Tv dark picture

Hi @marcusv,

It's not great to hear about the dark picture on your Fetch TV.

Just to clarify, could you confirm if the TV brightness settings are in place? Could you also confirm if the dark picture is only when connected to Fetch or on other apps outside Fetch as well?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

First try the Fetch on another input in the TV. Same issue?

Next try taking the Fetch to another TV (yours or a friends) and plugging it in. You don't need much just the hdmi cable and the box and you should be able to confirm the brightness issue is occurring on another TV.

If it is and you have confirmed and brightness settings in the Fetch itself are fine then perhaps try a soft/hard reset (options in the menu)

If still not working then you'll need to request a replacement. Optus will send one out.
Highlighted

Hey @marcusv, I recommend you try those steps that @petergdownload mentioned. If the issue persists, please send us a message via the My Optus App so our techs can help you out. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors