Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
Highlighted
New Contributor sure
New Contributor

Fetch Tv compatible TV's

Hi, I was told by Optus support that Hisense Tv are not supported.

My issue is that while the box works to get it to work i have to turn it off and on at the wall everytime i turn the tv on.  Otherwise it does not connect wirelessly to the Interent.

The tech guy said it was a hisense TV issue, and since they don't support TV's nothing they can do.  So, i am just curious as to what other brand TV's don't work and ones that definately do.  In case i go down the road of getting a new TV rather then returning it and cancelling my contract.

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Highlighted
Moderator Tris

Re: Fetch Tv compatible TV's

Hi there, no compatibility issue with Hisense TVs, so unsure why that would be mentioned. Yes TV by Fetch only requires HDMI support to work. From what you've said the problem isn't with the Fetch hardware working specifically, just that it's not logging into the WiFi network automatically? Is that correct?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor sure
New Contributor

That's right.  Everytime we turn the Tv off and fetch goes to standby, the fetch won't connect back up to the network (even though in settings it says it is connected).  You have to the power off and back on the fetch box for it to connect again.

Then last Tech guy said it was a Hisense issue and that's it my problem.  He said i could cancel the subscription because of it.  Although it is not worth doing that.

Highlighted
Moderator Tris

I'm not sure how that would be related to your TV if I'm honest, does seem pretty strange though. I'd suggest speaking with our TV and Content support crew on 133937 (options 4,2,2) so it can be further looked into. Could be a fault with the Fetch hardware specifically, in which case we can organise a replacement 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor sure
New Contributor

that's who i was talking to.  The guy said it is sopmething in the fetch or tv not sure which to make sure its not being recorded from.  

Anyway,  I will ring again and see what the next tech person says.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor CrowdMan00
Occasional Contributor

I have been given the same information from Optus re compatibility of the new Mighty Fetch TV Box with Hisense TVs.  The old box worked fine, but the new Mighty Box apparently has some security protocol issues with Hisense TV's, especially TVs over a couple of years old.  At this stage, there doesn't appear to be any firmware upgrades from Hisense to overcome the issue.  The Optus operator informed me that there had been a number of similar cases raised.

Highlighted
New Contributor sure
New Contributor

I received a phone call about a month ago from Optus, to confirm that were looking into and trying to create a patch from The yes box to hisense TV.

Haven't heard anything since, so i assume nothing has been finalised yet

Highlighted
Moderator Marie

Hmm sounds like that might be the case sure.

Had they provided you with a reference number we might be able to follow up about this?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor Mickle
Occasional Contributor

Dear Moderators,

Is there a fix for this yet? I just got Optus NBN a week ago and have the same issue with my Hisense TV bringing up the "com.google.tv.discovery" error.  By looking at the history of this thread and seeing its been ongoing for over a year with no apparent resolution, why was I not asked if I had a Hisense TV when your team was signing me up for your product? You know there is a problem and chose to ignore it. I have had nothing but problems with your support team with various issues while trying to get my NBN to work and now it is finally working I keep getting this error on my Hisense TV.

Please respond ASAP so I can get this fixed, or compensated for not being able to use the full functionality of your service due to you misleading me when I signed up. By misleading me I mean you knew there was an issue and failed to ask the simple question of what type of TV I own.

Regards,

Christopher Mickle

order confirmation Number for my account - 61940209.

Highlighted
New Contributor kned
New Contributor

Sony Bravia 32W66 = 100% incompatible

Dead as a door nail when linking to Fetch.

Which really angers me as I bought the TV and the believeable (not) salesman at JB HiFi said it would. 

(Wrote that in black and white? Hell no!)

0 Kudos