Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch Tv activation code not provided - poor customer service

New customer on Optus. Purchased a broadband bundle. Provided a fetch TV mighty box and has taken a week to be able to enter an activation code. On Thursday I was placed on hold for 2 hours and no one answered my call. Had to wait an hour on Friday to speak to someone about accessing an activation code. I spoke to a person and they said they could not help me with this code and would put me on to correct team and call back if I did not get through or disconnected, no one got back to me. I was put on hold for another hour and then hung up as this was excessive wait times two days in a row. I again tried today and the exact same thing happened. Got through and then redirected and told help desk was closed. Rung Optus again to obtain activation and put through on hold for another hour. Hung up and am really fed up with the experience as a new customer. Something that should be easy to do has become an ordeal. Really feel like tearing up my contract.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fetch Tv activation code not provided - poor customer service

@lynchb 
I read in another Yes Crowd thread that the Fetch Code should be available if you log into your Optus Account. I don't have a  Fetch Box so I cannot confirm this.

If the code is listed in your account maybe the Fetch Service has not been linked to your account.
As far as support goes if the Fetch Service has not been linked to your account  you could try messaging Optus via the My Optus app, Facebook or Instagram.

I used the My Optus App the other day for a billing query, took about 10 minutes to sort and answer the question.

I am not an Optus employee. If a reply helps please give a Kudos and when an issue is solved please mark as solved.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch Tv activation code not provided - poor customer service

Finally managed to gain access last night. A service operator overseas knew exactly what I was asking for and rather than redirecting me solved the issue. Shame all the other operators I spoke with could not solve this issue with the same ease as the gentleman I spoke to. At the moment my Optus app is not working as it does not want to sync my mobile number to the new Optus broadband account I have. This has also been another technical issue which I'm sure I will have to chase up but not looking forward to possible long wait times again. When I login using a computer the Optus it does not allow the chat option and the fetch tv box is not showing in 'my services' section.

0 Kudos