Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
For Australian Bushfire info please click here
New Contributor MelindaC
New Contributor

Fetch Tv Not working

My Fetch TV hasn't been working for about a week.

My internet is fine, but my fetch tv is connected to the modem via a powerline adapter.

At the modem the green ethernet light is on, but the orange data light at the ethernet port is out

on the powerline adapter at the modem end, the power light is on, the middle light is off and the ethernet light is on.

on the powerline adapter at the TV end the ethernet light is out, the middle light is out and the power light is flashing slowly.

On the Fetch TV box the green ethernet light is on at the ethernet plug but the orange data light is off.

I have restarted everything about 1,000 times. I have swapped powerline adapters to a new set, same symptoms.

Restarted, modem, set top box, powerline adapter etc, nothing works.

twice in the last week it has mysteriously started working briefly without me having done anything which makes me think it is some sort of network problem not hardware but I don't know what to do next and I can't get tech support to answer the phone.

Please help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fetch Tv Not working

And you have changed ethernet port?

Time to use a wifi extender system like Mesh or AIMesh

0 Kudos
New Contributor MelindaC
New Contributor

Yes, tried changing ports. 

Dont understand why it would suddenly stop working when it’s been working fine for years. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Maybe some appliance is wrecking the 240V line quality, or your neighbour is doing the same thing.

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Hi, 

Let me get your setup ..

Modem -- ethernet -> POE (in) --- powerline -- > Poe (out) --ethernet --> Fetchtv .. there are many paths there. 

I suggest you test each of the paths and see where things fails.

Start with Modem --ethernet to a laptop or computer 

Next. POE (in) to POE out Ethernet to laptop or computer.. if that all works, then move the fetch next to the modem and connect to it directly, you wont be able to see anything on screen, but the internet light on the fetch box should be steady blue if that works. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos