cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Repobjoy
New Contributor

Fetch TV

Set top box seems to be in a loop between a blank screen and "Preparing system please wait . . . "

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RetiredModerator AlexRH
RetiredModerator

Re: Fetch TV

Yikes Smiley Sad That shouldn't be the case, @Repobjoy!

Can you please try the following steps and let us know how you go?

- Turn off your Fetch TV set top box and wait at least 30 seconds. After this time turn the box on again.
- Within the first 2 minutes of your Fetch box starting up - press the colour buttons on your remote in this order: RED, GREEN, YELLOW, BLUE

- Keep pressing these buttons in the order above until you see the REM/REC light on the front of your Fetch box start flashing red. This usually occurs after the screen turns off and on. Your set top box will then reboot.

- Once this is done you'll need to enter your activation code and rescan channels to reactivate Fetch TV.

If this doesn't help, please PM me here with your account number, full name and DOB so we can assess whether it needs replacing.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Occasional Contributor Jmcmaster
Occasional Contributor

Hi, 

I have had this exact same issue yesterday too, I posted about it in an earlier post to this. 

I have tried to do a soft and hard reset as you described in your post but it doesn't respond to this. One person did comment on my post, simply stating that I should contact Optus to have it replaced. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @Jmcmaster, I'm afraid that may be the case. If you follow the link Alex has provided, we can check your account on our end and organise a replacement if necessary. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Repobjoy
New Contributor

It didnt work but thanks for trying. I have called service and they are sending a replacement.

0 Kudos