cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor SEE
Occasional Contributor

Fetch TV

How many Optus user have a bad result with Fetch TV?

We are getting our third box. Constant streaming issues and glitches.

For reference the box is 3 meters from NBN wifi router so that's no issue. Plus Optus wont offer any compensation for faulty products.

Thoughts and similarities?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: Fetch TV

wifi can be unstable at time, even if you are 3 meters away. Have you tried testing quailty with a network cable? can pick up a 5m network cable for about $8

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor

Hi there, have tried yes cable connection. Still the same.

Finally Optus have recognized the problem with the node being way overloaded. Typical government employing cowboys to build a NBN network and cut corners. Plus when you have old copper wiring it is a joke. Not optus fault.

Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

thank you for the update. I am suprise that a node can be overload with NBN, i thought that is the whole point of the nbn to give everyone next gen broadband internet. Maybe they should of stick to fibre to the premise model. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

True it should never happen. It was supposed to go to every house but then they decided otherwise. A node can't handle overload so we constantly get low speeds from congestion. Shouldn't happen either. But then the old copper wire can't handle the potential of NBN either. All a bit if a joke really.

Only ones who won are the installers. They are laughing all the way to the bank as they say.

Apparently Optus have requested for the node to be replaced/upgraded. Apparently in December ???? Another joke really. At least they are giving me a monthly discount as they should. Seeing as though I'm paying for something that doesn't work.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors