Searching...

Fetch TV

chagrin

We have been having intermittent "Streaming Issues" Error Messages and associated lack of TV service for weeks now.  This also shows as lack of responsiveness to the remote.  We are on NBN FTTP with Wifi and D-Link connectivity - both of which get the same problems.  We are fed up rebooting which sometimes fixes it but not usually.  Worst aat evening peak times but just had another hour or two of frustration trying to get a decent service on Saturday afternoon.

All other devices work perfectly.  No problems with computers etc.

We have tried all the usual approaches.  The NBN service and Wifi speeds are OK = 22 MB/sec in the modem room and 8Mb/sec in the TV room.  Only 3 adults so not many devices.  New batteries in the remote.  unplugged and re-plugged all cables.  Contacted Optus tech support.  All no use.   Anything else we should try.

We are out of contract period so we can change back to Foxtel anytime.  That is probably the next step. 

Re: Fetch TV

AlexRH

Hey @chagrin, get that this would be really annoying Smiley Sad 

Are you able to tell us what happened when you spoke with our Faults team? Were you provided with a fault ref # that we can follow up on for you?

If not, have you attempted a soft reset with instructions here? Failing this, you can try a hard reset but with this method you will lose any recordings you currently have.

Let us know how you go! 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

chagrin

The support team were helpful but could not diagnose the real problem.

I think I may have fixed the problem (the oldest one of when in doubt read the instuction manual - which in these days of everything in the cloud is hidden in a fog of searches).

Issue traced to Fetch box having lost sync with the Free to Air via aerial cable connection.  So it was scanning Wifi filled room trying to get the no-aerial FTA channels and failing - and messing up the Wifi signal.

Retuned the box to the FTA's and things working OK since yesterday.

Given the vast number of "Streaming Issue" problems, it seems to me this should be on the first line response teams "Idiot Level Issue" ILI Check list of first tries.  

Tris

I'm glad you've been able to work out the root problem @chagrin, apologies Tech Support were able to pin point it though. I understand it's been an inconvenience

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

chagrin

NOT FIXED.  I was being too optimistic as usual.  Intermittent Problems are back.  Problem also occurs in the NBN-Optus modem room where normal 22MB/sec as shown by Fast.com drops to 15 and less.  Only a computer in that room with minimal email google load, and no big file downloads except Apple & Microsoft updates.   So no user problems even when service level halves.

Feed in TV room drops down to 1 - 2 MB/sec at worst times; usually about 1/2 of input feed = about 11 MB/sec which is plenty for us normally !

Because it is intermittent Optus technician did not observe it; and if it is deliberate load shedding because of 2 below it would be under Optus control anyway.   

Possibilities

1.   NBN is having problems in my area

2    Optus is overloaded again or having technical problems with its slices of the NBN pie - as with the world cup etc.

3   Some other technical issue

maybe even 

4    The Fetch TV box is broken

5    The Fetch TV console is broken

but not likely as problem seems to be with the NB-Optus input reliability.

Any other not yet considered ?

Pleas STOP the offensive emails with your childish rewards nonsense.  I need a technical problem fixing.  Not stupid marketing PR  garbage.

I thought this forum might provide some real help.  Based on that stuff it's just another con-job on the people who pay for no service - reminds me of the banks and their behaviour.  About time we had an effective inquiry into telecoms.

Shauna

Hey @chagrin - if you'd like us to take a further look, please confirm your account details, full name and DOB? Happy to see what we can do from our end. 

chagrin

are you really asking me to provide those details on an On-Line Open Forum ?  How in such a context do I really know you are who you say you are etc.

If you are an Optus person perhaps you could email me and provide an acceptable "reply to" address etc.  My email address should enable you to get all necessary validation by going through your proper internal channels for authorisation etc.

PS I have tried on-line Chat - it is the worst form of support I have ever encountered.   Artificial Stupidity at ts worst.

[ Edited ]
AlexRH

Hi @chagrin, you can send this details to a Moderator via private message

We don't have a direct contact email address, sorry! 

If you feel uncomfortable chatting with us via the Yes Crowd forum, please reach out to us over on our verified Facebook page. 

Highlighted

chagrin

I hate modern pseudo communication jargon that befouls one of the world's greatest languages.  English has a rich repertore of words that should enable most people most of the time to clearly and simply say what they mean; and english speaking countries and communities have spent Billions supposedly on education for its effective usage.  What a waste.

If I could "reach out to you" I would grab you by the neck.  I have never used Facebook or any other kind of primitive social on-line media.  People who do are asking for problems.

For me,  the sole exception is when trying to get big companies , e.g. Microsoft and Apple or even Optus, to provide some effective resolution to user problems with their products.  As a last resort when standard support mechanisms are inadequate this usually ends in more frustration with the inadequate comprehension of what effective support requires.

The minimum requirement is that it be simple for the customer. 

When I ask for "any other possibilities" I expect a list of suggestions - reasonably polite.  Not another ride on the merry-go-round (Carousel to americans and their imitators).

End of participation.  It's too cumbersome.

Aman_B

Hi @chagrin - Totally appreciate your concerns but we can only  offer help once an ID check has been completed and we have verified the account.  Please PM us the details as request on the link above. 

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
49 Kudos
19 Kudos
18 Kudos
16 Kudos
12 Kudos