cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch TV variety pack is being reduced to rubble. How can this be OK? I have a contract.

Variety is the only thing I watch and it is closing down while I am still paying.  This is not OK and I am going to complain to the ACCC if you do not compensate.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch TV variety pack is being reduced to rubble. How can this be OK? I have a contract.

All streaming content is at the whim of the content owners. That is not Fetch. Your contract (and sale info) make it quite clear that content may change at any time and may or may not be replaced with something different.

They're has been months of notifications on these changes and if you don't want to pay for any more fetch channels simply unsubscribe (via the box) and you will no longer be billed anything

Peter Gillespie

PS Any recordings you have made of channels that go will also be automatically deleted.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch TV variety pack is being reduced to rubble. How can this be OK? I have a contract.

I do not record things.  I only watch variety, aside from having watched 5 or 6 movies in 19 months.  I have been told that if I cancel Fetch my telephone and broadband end as well, as it is a package.  When the contract started I had a page of channels to choose from.  There is only 1 left that I like, out of ?4 after 31/12.  The good ones have mostly been eliminated.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Hi Ettie.

You can cancel any subscriptions to Fetch channels on the Fetch device itself. Although on pack is provided for free (you can choose anyone) so you might as well stay subscribed to one.

You're correct that you can't remove the Fetch box from your plan. Optus only have two plans (with fetch box, calls and Optus Spoort $90) or (NBN only and PAYG calls $70). You generally can't swap from the $90 to the $70 one.

In general on the NBN I do recommend going month to month plans (Optus do offer them). That means swapping out is very easy for whatever the reason.

You've only got four months left on your contract so I would suggest you wait that out and then decide how to proceed. The FetchTV deal might be not worth the money for you and you could switch to another provider (or streaming service)

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Thanks for your honest reply.  The plan expires in mid-May and I agree that I should research other options before then.  At least now I know that a contract can be changed by the provider without penalty but not by the signatory.  I will be much more careful in the future.

0 Kudos
Top Contributors