cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Contributor
Contributor

Fetch TV - unmetered data

Hi, 

I have a fetchTV service linked to my optus mobile phone account. I have mobile TV streaming activated on my account which should give me unmetered data for the FetchTV app. However, since I activated and started watching the FetchTV app on my phone the data usage has gone through the roof. I am not doing anything else different since activating the FetchTV app.

I called Optus and the customer service representative first told me that FetchTV  would use up the data allowance. I explained I have mobile TV streaming activated which should give me unmetered data for the FetchTV app.

She then checked with her supervisor who told her that Mobile TV streaming only gives unmetered data for Netflix and optus sport. I told her it definetly includes FetchTV and that it even says so on the optus website. She then checked the website and confirmed that FetchTV was included in the mobile TV streaming pack.

Next she questioned why I thought that FetchTV was using up the allowance. I informed her that since the FetchTV app was activated the data usage has gone through the roof. I told her to check the day to day usage data which reflected this.

She then said that after checking the data breakdown by service, FetchTV had only used 6mb but another service called optus satcom or datcom (not sure exactly what the service name was as I couldn't understand her clearly) had used up 600 mbs.

I am quite sure this service is some how linked FetchTV because my other usage has been constant since activating the FetchTV app. 

In the end the representative raised a ticket with I.T. To investigate what the service that used 600mbs is.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing the data usage? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fetch TV - unmetered data

The day to day usage is a red herring. Your total usage dial is the one you look at. Breakdown also includes the Fetch data, but is related to the daily totals, so can show 200% if you know what I mean.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

@ArunJ Where are you seeing this usage? The Data Breakdown screen will show usage for unbilled services, but they shouldn't be deducted from your total quota. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

It's not only in the Data Breakdown. The total usage dial in the My Optus app goes up by unusually high amounts every time after watching content on the FetchTV app through the 4g mobile network. 

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

If the total usage dial goes up, then the TV is not enabled. What does it say in the ENTERTAINMENT section after pressing View Details of the service?

0 Kudos
Contributor
Contributor

In the My Optus app under the service tab if I select service settings and then select Entertainment it shows mobile TV streaming is active. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Ok this definitely sounds like something IT should investigate. Did you get a reference number for the escalation? Feel free to send me a private message with your account number, full name and DOB so I can check up on it for you

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos