Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV streaming issue

I think its just crap equipment mate, everyone is having problems streaming. I thought Telstra were bad but Optus are in a league of their own. Worst thing i ever did moving to Optus. 

The fault finding from them will go as follows:

1. Do a soft reset.

Improves it for a couple of days

2. Do a hard reset

Improves it for a couple of days

3. We will send you a new box (but you can't use the old one while waiting for delivery)

Five phone calls later trying to find where your new box is and two turn up

4. New box works for a few days and fails again

I think the underlying cause is the network hasn't the band width for streaming tv but they can't admit that can they!

PS typing this while looking at a black screen with a message " Steaming issue, please check internet"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Yes, I had similar experience where help desk just go through the motions and send out new equipment in the hope you will go away. I ended up writing a formal letter of complaint and that proved fruitful. I got a call from someone in the back office who actually knew something. He explained that Fetch had just upgraded the software on their servers and this caused a software incompatiblilty between the servers and the set top boxes. Once they got around to upgrading the software in the set top boxes to be compatible with the servers, the problem went away. Given that this was about a year ago now I guess it doesn't explain your problem. What it does highlight, though, is that it may well be that there are techs at Optus who know exactly what the problem is. This information doesn't filter through to the uninformed help desk. Their job is to toy with you rather than properly analyse your problem and lead you towards a solution.

Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Yes me too. It's ordinary but nothing ever gets improved

0 Kudos