Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV streaming issue

I did try that to plug in the external aerial. but everything went blank, and I therefore returned to the way the techo installed it.

Isnt it Opus's responsibility to ensure it works after installation ??

Trying to get their Manila or Mumbai outsourced robotic staff to respond appropriately to any query is like pulling out teeth. And of course as with all of these monolithic organizations, it is not poosible to email anyone or even a general customer service email address  - as of course as they do not wnt formal records of customers being unhappy.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shae - apologies if you are an Opyus employee, or an o/s based contractor/

I did try using HDM2 but got a blank screen but not try any of the other things you suggest because i have no idea what end of the cable is which

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Our Yes TV by Fetch box is designed to be plug and play. It shouldn't need much tweaking at all to get working.

If you plugged the HDMI cable into a different port into your TV then you'll need to change the input on the TV to get picture back. You can also try chaging the HDMI cable itself.

Depending on the capabilities of your TV, you may have success changing the TV output settings from the Yes TV box to combat flickering.

Menu > Manage > Settings > Audio & Visual > Video

Do you notice this flickering when watching other video on your TV like a DVD or Free to air channels directly through antenna to TV?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi again

The only thing that i did was to plug the TV antenna in, and I hve not touched the techo set up of the HDMI cable.

Alsi no problem was encountered with this 4 month old TV on free to air via our aerial cable connection or via DVD Playing 

Is it not OPTUS's responsibilty to come out and fix this problem which has got worse ?

We are also continually getting the 'insufficient bandwidth' message which goes away once one clicks the centre 'select' button?

Honestly we changed from Iprimus to Optus because of peak time inadequact of service on the ADSL internet, but now find Optus is actually worse on internet response tmes all around. I do not want to cancel everything and strt again, bur really if this TV scenario cant be fixed I will cancel my contract

/

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hmm it sounds like you need Tech Support to investigate the line. Unfortunately they don't monitor YesCrowd but you can find general troubleshooting tips here, that will get you to run through the basic tests that Tech Support always run first. 

If you prefer not to call them on 131344, you can try PC Live Chat here too.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Does OPTUS have a policy that customers cannot follow up / record problems via an email trail - if so can someone tell me why ?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Hey BOBCOCH, our faults team are available over the phone and chat. We do have an email team but they aren't equipped to handle fault enquiries. It's always better to do troubleshooting while you're at home and can run through an operator live.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi Nghi or the 4th person handling my problem / your problem

I need to get a techo to come out as I am hopeless in terms of knowing which cable is which, and in addition I have not touched the set top box since inception, and from day 1 it was like it is now - ie 1/4 of the screen flickering 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hey BOBCOCH, the Fetch TV is self install, we don't actually have technicians available to assist with the set up. We do have a full user guide available here in which you can refer to. Alternatively technical support are able to guide you over the phone. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

What a complete joke OPTUS is - SO THAT IS WHY YOUR TECH INSTALLER RAN AWAY WITHOUT COMMENT ON THE POOR SCREEN QUALITY

So what do i do if nothing works ??

0 Kudos