Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch TV streaming issue

I fixed these issues by doing a fetch tv box restart. Maybe try this first.  Its on the same screen as soft factory reset. 

Cheers

Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

Glad to hear it's all up and running guys 🙂 I must admit I had the same thing happen with mine and rebooting it from the settings worked a treat! 

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is an ongoing problem for me. 2 soft resets and 1 hard reset works for a few hours then the check internet message comes up again and no channels to watch although all apps and movies still work fine. This is a issue that is affecting a lot of people that i know and seems to have started around the the EPL went live on Optus Sports. This has been going on for 3 weeks with me now and if its a know issue Optus should let customers know and not keep this a secret.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

This is an ongoing problem for me. 2 soft resets and 1 hard reset works for a few hours then the check internet message comes up again and no channels to watch although all apps and movies still work fine. This is a issue that is affecting a lot of people that i know and seems to have started around the the EPL went live on Optus Sports. This has been going on for 3 weeks with me now and if its a know issue Optus should let customers know and not keep this a secret.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I can imagine your frustration. It's still happening with me however it's automatically fixing itself after a few minutes. Still abit annoying but I don't see why Optus can't rectify the issue. Obviously they know about it. 

And would be be good to also include an option to do a software update in the settings and giving us the option of when to update the software without it taking over half way through a show ! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hello Everyone

Yes, I also have the same problems and fix it as per the various suggestions but it comes back.  I would also love the "software upgrade" button as suggested.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hey guys, what generation Fetch box were you using? The last communication I've received on my end advises the following: 

A software update was released on Wednesday 24/08 for the Fetch Gen 2 STB which resolved this issue

New Software Version: 2.10 Manyana.

Can I suggest Menu > Manage > Settings > Device Info > Software Version just to confirm what version of Fetch firmware you're running.

Can I also confirm that you're prompted to perform a software update after performing a reset via the settings menu? Dan 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

I'm using GEN 3. 

I'll have to check model later. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Not a worry. If we still have multiple instances of the same - despite a fix having been implemented I should be able to collate a few examples and send them off to our TV and content team to advise that this is still an issue. Dan 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi - As reported earlier, I had the "streaming" issue but that resolved after a software update and soft reset.  But the problem  has now returned.  I checked the software version and it is 2.1 Manyana.  Then when doing a soft reset, the "update software" dialogue just hangs.  I have turned the STB off several times but it just launches into an update software situation and then hangs.  Most recent attempt to download software has lasted 18 hours, This is now getting frustrating and I will deduct the "Fetch" part of my next account as clearly this is an Optus issue.

0 Kudos