cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch TV streaming issue - after recent firmware update

I have been having streaming issue with live channel ever since the recent firmware update. (3.7.9468 - i think)

Talking to the support teams just get your blood boiled with no resolution, all they did it keep sending me new box to replaced. I have 3 replacements Fetch TV mini box that doesnt work to fix the initial issue.

I think its related to the firmware update because all the replacements devices upon initial setup had all the diagnostic ticked ( internet, free to air, streaming) then obviously it performs an update (couple of times) then you back to square one. Streaming issue on all the live channel. No issue with free to air channels.

Lodged a couple of complaints and no one ever followed up. Getting really fed up with this (especially when you reside in VIC with the lock down happening)

Close to 3 weeks with no update from Optus/Fetch team 

Firmware version 

3.7.7979 (in the box version)

3.7.9356 - first update then straight to 3.7.9468

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted

Re: Fetch TV streaming issue - after recent firmware update

Hi @obbie11, apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.  Since   your device has been replaced and the issue is still happening we can rule out device fault.  Can you please confirm if the issue is just related to Free to air channels?  Generally,  if your free to air channels works fine when your TV antenna is connected straight to the TV  then the issue is then with network strength of the channels. 

You can contact our techs team  from My Optus App and the can assist with more details on this. 

If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media (Facebook or Twitter) account then please send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Hi @Aman_YC  no its not with free to air channel. Issue is with streaming channels with all the pack that you subscribed i.e. Kids pack. 

is rolling back the firmware an option? in my case its proved that its related to the firmware as after the firmware update and ran through diagnostic it shows that Internet and free to air are ticked but streaming came up with (!) 

Messaging or calling your techs team via app or direct just give the the round around passing it from one team to another. one of the Fetch team that i was on the phone even mentioned they will send technician to check which never happen and when i call back they cant even find any note that technician has been organised hence the first complaint case lodged.

like i mentioned i have lodged 2 complaints why cant they call back to try to resolve it

0 Kudos
Highlighted

We're sorry for the run around here, @obbie11. Please send a private message to the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page and we will be able to follow up your complaint and investigate further.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

@Tina_YC Done via Facebook messenger. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors