cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor SHARTS
New Contributor

Fetch TV return

I cancelled my account with Optus back in October.

The customer service consultant advised me of all final pay out fees, however did not mention any requirement to return the Fetch box.

Fast forawrd to today and I receive a bill for $200 for not returning the box.

Question - how am I supposed to return it if no information was provdied by the consultant?

I still have the box sititng in a cupboard - how do I get this fee cancelled and some infomation on how to get it back?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
14 Replies
RetiredModerator Hollie
RetiredModerator

Re: Fetch TV return

Hey @SHARTS - apologies that you hadn't been advised we'd need the set top box returned, if you can PM me through your full name, DOB, account number you had with us, as well as your best contact number and best address to send it to we can get some sent out ASAP for you. 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

New Contributor SHARTS
New Contributor

I sent a private message and have still had no response about getting this resolved as instructed.

Can someone from Optus please respond to this??

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor AusGeek
Occasional Contributor

I've just experienced this same issue. Packed up my Fetch box when I switched to a non-Fetch TV NBN plan.

No sign of a satchel in which to return it. First bill just arrived and they're now charging me a monthly fee for the Fetch box that is disconnected and waiting to be returned.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey @AusGeek, I can follow this up for you if you could please send me a PM with your full name, account number and date of birth? 

Please ensure you abide by the community guidelines. All moderation actions are final.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor AusGeek
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Jax_K, thanks for the reply. I managed to get a hold of a rep via online chat today, and they've apparently ordered my satchel, and waived the erroneous fees. Thanks for the offer!

0 Kudos
New Contributor Roslin
New Contributor

*REMOVED PERSONAL INFO* Optus phone *REMOVED PERSONAL INFO*

I have received a new fetch mighty but did not receive a satchel  and consignmet note to return the old one as requested.

Lindsay Matthews

*REMOVED PERSONAL INFO*

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey @Roslin, I've edited your comment to remove your personal information as this is a public forum. Please click on my name to go to my profile and message us privately.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor LeftTheCountry
New Contributor

Hi Optus,

I have the exact same issue. Spoke to operator, cancelled our subscription, settled final fees and all good until we got the same $200 bill. No satchel ever arrived and the operator never mentioned returning the equipment. The problem I have is that I have moved overseas and have no idea what happened to the equipment. I contacted my landlord and it's not at our old apartment so assume it has been recycled. Smiley Sad

How should we proceed? 

Thanks in anticipation.

D

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hey D, I'm happy to look into your account notes and see what we can do here. Please send me a private message with your old account number, full name and DOB. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos