Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
byronator
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fetch TV remote not working correctly

The up channel button (+) and also the fast forward button are no longer working. I would assume that it is a hardware issue with the remote but I'm also experiencing a strange issue with recording playback.

I cannot resume playback with acceptable accuracy, rather than going back to where I was up to it seems to be rounding the time back in 5 minute intervals, 5:00, 10:00 etc. Or if I press the right arrow button to jump forward 5 minutes, say I'm at 14:33 playback and I press the right arrow to go to 19:33 playback and then press stop, it will resume on 19:33, very strange, seems like a software issue.

A couple of times after restarting the box I found the up channel and fast forward button started working again. Restarting is no longer is making any difference so I tried a soft factory reset and it didn't help either.

Anybody else see anything similar or have any idea of whether it is just needing a new remote or whether it's a software issue?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
byronator
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV remote not working correctly

BTW both the buttons not working and the resume play issue appeared to start happening at the same time. I have no idea if they are related or 2 completely separate problems.
0 Kudos
z_hook

Hi @byronator,

Thanks for raising this.

Sounds like it may be relating to a hardware fault with the remote itself.

Best to have a replacement organised.

We're unable to look into accounts via YesCrowd so we recommend messaging us via the My Optus App. The team is available 24/7 and are ready to assist customers as quickly as possible.
If for some reason you’re unable to, if you have a social media account, please then send a PM to Optus on Facebook or a DM on Twitter with the details for further assistance mentioning you’re unable to use the My Optus app.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
byronator
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the reply @z_hook I've sent a PM to Optus through Facebook. BTW if I login to my Optus account I am unable to link any services to it?!? I installed the app and it is also unable to display any services for me. My account is quite old, this might have something to do with it.

0 Kudos
Kartika

No worries, @byronator, the social media team can assist you with your online My Account / Optus app as well. 

Kartika__________________________________________________________________________
I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos