Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor Cameron1391
Occasional Contributor

Fetch TV "Low Bandwidth"

Hello.
I managed to install our new Fetch TV Box today and was very pleased with the quick installation. This afternoon from 12 - 2pm it was working fine with no problems all the way through. Now I turned it back on and changed the channel over at about 8pm, and I started encountering error messages. One said "Check your internet connection". I did. It is working normally on computers and online devices.

Later on the screen kept on freezing and then said "Low Bandwidth". I pressed Continue and then it kept on happening several other times.

I can not watch the TV on Fetch TV on this set top box now.

I don't understand, how earlier on this afternoon I was very happy with it working well wih no problems and now I can't use it at all, I haven't changed anything and even turned off some internet devices like Computers and it still says "Low Bandwidth". But when we moved over to Fecth TV we also upgraded our internet to unlimited bandwidth so I have no idea how this should even be affecting us !

Please help.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Re: Fetch TV "Low Bandwidth"

It would be unlimited data that you've upgraded to, not bandwidth.

When you get this error, what speeds are you seeing through a speed test, like speedtest.net? 

Have you noticed a similar problem with your internet/browsing/downloading between midday and 8pm?

Occasional Contributor Cameron1391
Occasional Contributor

Hi Bubba yes our internet was working okay during the day but after the connection interruptions at about 8pm, our internet suddenly started to go slow for a bit, I had to restart the router to get it back on and it worked again, but when I turned on Fetch TV i still got "Can't Connect To this Channel" error message again.

Here are some bandwidth results from ozspeedtests,

our Line Speed
Mbps (28,364 kbps)

Your Download Speed
MB/s (3,545 KB/s)

That's weird because it said our Download Speed was 2MB/s last night... 😐

0 Kudos
New Contributor OrganicPrincess
New Contributor

Hi,

I've had Fetch TV and unlimited internet at my old address without any issues at all. Never have I seen the message of 'low bandwith' or 'unable to connect to the internet' come up on the TV screen.

However, I have just moved house and whilst using the same modem and Fetch TV box am seeing these 2 error messages appear.

The Fetch TV/ internet drops out all the time and is 'reconnecting itself from start up' often.

As I said, I never experienced this before at my previous address using the same equipment, so not sure why this is occuring now.

I just completed a speed test and the download rate is 2.96 mbps

Is this a fault or is this supposed to be the best I can expect now at my new address. If that is the case then I'll have to change provider as I use the internet for work and cannot have it dropping out all the time.

Hopefully there is a solution to this.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

What sort of internet service do you have Princess? And have you noticed the issue occurs all the time or just at certain times of the day?

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
0 Kudos
New Contributor Squareeyed
New Contributor

Any clues on how to stop the Low Bandwidth message from popping up repeatedly? I can watch the program fine, but the message keeps appearing every few seconds. The green dot is highlighted which says Do Not Show This Message Again, and I click okay, but it keeps coming back. 🙄  Thanks for any insight!

0 Kudos
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Is the Fetch connected via ethernet or WiFi Squareeyed?

0 Kudos
New Contributor Squareeyed
New Contributor

Hi Shae, Connected with wifi. The programs are playing fine and I know the bandwidth isn't great in the evenings, but I'm just trying to stop the message from constantly appearing. Hoping to find a way to disable the pop up message... Cheers.

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Toomey
RetiredModerator

Hmm strange that the green button doesn't work.

I wouldn't mind reporting this to the TV & Content team if you could shoot me a Private Message with your username and DOB please?

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Classic
New Contributor

I'm  having the same problem as Squareeyed.

Any clues on how to stop the Low Bandwidth message from popping up repeatedly? I can watch the program fine, but the message keeps appearing every few seconds. The green dot is highlighted which says Do Not Show This Message Again, and I click okay, but it keeps coming back.

I am connected via WiFi.

0 Kudos