Searching...

Re: Fetch TV not connecting to internet

Sid_Crusader

I have an identical problem

I move house and upgrade to cable...except speeds are worse than dsl2+.  

A sub standard wireless router is supplied along with Fetch TV.

I then read that although I have been sold a wireless service, I need to link via cable to the STB...oh and I need an aerial connection...what century are you living in!!!!!

$2000 and the house cabled I plug in fetch.   It worked for around two weeks and then I get a constant message that there is a connection problem.   

I have called the off shore help line several times and get read the same sequential reboot script.  

STILL NO EPL!!!!!!

Optus, you are now Telstra.   How about you just fix the problem and I'll stop slagging you off at my football club....the largest in the country.   

Sid_Crusader

Do you honestly think laptops still have Ethernet connections?

time to move to the 21st century 

[ Edited ]
Husk

I've frequently had connection problems with the Fetch TV. It just pops up at random times. It hasn't happened in a while though. The only solution that has worked for me is to go in to the network settings, and apply them again, even if no settings are changed. The device will restart with the connection working. Restarting the device in the regular manner won't accomplish anything.

The Fetch TV needs a software/firmware update that fixes the issue.

AlexRH

Hey @Sid_Crusader, completely understand that this is more than infuriating!

We can take a look at what's going on for you - please PM me with your account number, full name and DOB. 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

AlexRH

Hey there @Husk, that doesn't sound right at all Smiley Sad Can you please PM me so we can have a chat about what's going on? Can you please also confirm if you're connecting it through WiFi? 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

BondiLion

Hi, I know this is an old post but I have the same issue. Have followed those instructions and still can't connect my fetch box to the internet. I know the internet is working as it works plugged directly into TV.

Just called optus, 60 minute wait, no option to select call back!!

Is it possible that I have a box that isn't compatible with Nbn as I had cable previously.

Dan_C

Hmm, are you connecting via WiFi, direct Ethernet connection or with the aid of power line adapters?

Have you tried running a Network test via the Network settings menu?

We'd suggest a soft reset:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Soft-Reset/ta-p/133753

If that fails, you're best to try a factory/hard reset:

https://yescrowd.optus.com.au/t5/TV-Entertainment-Knowledge-Base/Fetch-TV-Hard-Reset/ta-p/133701

Keep in mind that by doing a hard reset and following these instructions this will remove any recordings you currently have.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

BondiLion

Thanks for the reply.

It's via power line line adaptors.

I don't have an activation code (unless a new one gets sent?) 

It's a new box at a new property so I have no recordings on the box so is it best to just do a hard reset? Do I need activation code for that too?

Cheers

Bl

Dan_C

Ah, have you registered the broadband service for Optus.com.au/myaccount?

You can locate your activation code there. 

STEP 1

Log into your My Account profile. You can do this by selecting and using the login details for the service that your Fetch is currently billed to.

Important!

• If your Fetch service is billed or bundled with your Broadband Service, use your Broadband login (i.e. your primary OptusNet username)

• If your Fetch service is billed or bundled with your Mobile Service, use your Mobile phone number and password

STEP 2

Within the Dashboard tab, select the Fetch option and your activation code will be displayed on the main page. It’s a series of numbers / letters.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
Highlighted

Briony1

I need help with this as my internet is working and our fetch box is done through wifi. I cant plug ethernet cable is as its not long enough to tv. When i go into network settings as it isnt picking up the wifi , the network it is normally connected to has a red exclamation point and says its no longer available how do i set this up??? Please help 4 phonecalls and 3 chats to tech support and systems are always down so have had no help 3 days without a tv is driving the family mad. Have re started and replugged everything back in several times and the wifi is working to the rest of the house just not the box

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
48 Kudos
19 Kudos
17 Kudos
15 Kudos
12 Kudos