Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Slider747
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch TV not booting

Fetch TV STB won't boot. I get solid blue power light, then "Preparing System" then screen goes blank and loses signal.

Have tried soft and hard reset with same effect. Also reset remote.

0 Kudos
11 Replies
Davelew
Crowd Champion
Crowd Champion

Re: Fetch TV not booting

Hi

Sounds like a faulty box. Ring Optus and they will go through a few checks and then arrange a replacement box. Usually only takes a couple of days for it to be delivered 

Dave

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
JK99
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Return Fetch TV box

I recently tried out the 5G home internet solution with a Nokia modem & Fetch tv box. Sadly I could only get 4g & the speed was poor. I spoke to Optus & they agreed to cancel the service. I received an email with the return code for the modem but no return code for the Fetch box. Specifically it said only use the return code for the modem. I messaged Optus today to request a return code for the Fetch box & I was told to just keep the Fetch box & I would not be charged. I took screen shots of the replies in messenger:

JK99_0-1625626848203.jpeg

Please advise if this correct? 

0 Kudos
Rob_YC

Hey @JK99, thanks for getting in touch with us for this. For Fetch Boxes we do need to get those sent back here, we have some further information surrounding that on our Fetch Return page . If you hadn't received any eParcel Code for the Fetch box I recommend reaching out to us via the official Optus Facebook or Twitter page. Our team can assist with getting that organised for you. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
JK99
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’ve contacted Optus several times via messaging & phone - last call I was told I will receive a returns bag by next Monday. I’m totally over Optus - never dealt with such a terrible company!
0 Kudos
Tuong_YC

I'm sorry to see you feel this way @JK99. This is certainly not the impression we want to be leaving with you - if you do not receive a return satchel by the estimated arrival time, please send through a private message to our social media teams linked above and we will follow up to assist in the best possible way

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

0 Kudos
JK99
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

As advised on this forum  I contacted Optus 2 weeks ago via Twitter - I was told that within 2 weeks I would receive a link to return the Fetch tv box - I have received nothing. This is now my fifth attempt in returning this box. The other 4 attempts were:

1. The initial cancellation of the 5G service

2. via Optus messenger where I was told to keep the box

3. via phone where I was advised a returns bag would be sent to me

4. via Twitter when I was advised a link would be sent to me 

I am totally over this - I’m wasting my personal time. I would suggest you get someone to ring me & sort this out. My mobile number can be provided if required. If I don’t hear back I’ll assume you don’t want this box returned & that you will charge me nothing!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

Hey there @JK99. I'm really sorry to hear that you haven't received the necessary link to return your Fetch Box. It's definitely not an ideal situation to be in.   

If you get the chance to follow up on this matter with our team on Twitter, they will be more than happy to try and assist with this situation further for you.

0 Kudos
JK99
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I’ve done that already 2 weeks ago & nothing happened! This does not work .

Can it please be escalated ?

0 Kudos
Kyri_YC

I'm really sorry to hear this @JK99.

If you would like to have this escalated, you can look to raise a formal complaint via our online form.

Alternatively, if you do get in touch with our team on Social Media (on either Twitter or Facebook), they can assist in an escalation of this matter as well. 

0 Kudos
Top Contributors