Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Vikkik
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fetch TV no activation screen

I received a Fetch Mighty box yesterday.

After connecting to the internet the box gets stuck on "starting" and does not go to a screen where the activation code can be entered.

All troubleshooting has been done. Soft reset and hard reset and it is still not working.

Anyone got and ideas?
0 Kudos
10 Replies
Casey_YC

Re: Fetch TV no activation screen

Hi there, @Vikkik

Thanks for reaching out about your Fetch troubles. 

It's possible that the order hasn't completely processed and is recommended that you chat with the Support team by 

We do recommend running through the Fetch Setup and User Guide and the Getting Started with Fetch from Optus guides and if these don't get you up and going, have a chat with the support team, as it might be that your order hasn't fully completed since you received the box. 

Hopefully this helps in getting you and going!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

briseth
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

same issue, support advised known issue with several people in same situation currently and to hold tight while fetch sorts it out

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Hi @briseth, thanks for getting in touch with us. Did they perhaps provide you with a Fault reference number? If you haven't already, please try the troubleshooting steps on our 'Fetch page'. Tina. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

briseth
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

the new box was to fix issue with existing box
support advised reference number remains same

0 Kudos
Tina_YC

Thanks for confirming the Fault number for us, @briseth. Since your case is sitting with a Senior Technical Expert, they will get back to you via the My Optus App. Please keep an eye out for their message. Tina. 

briseth
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

resolved today with Fetch providing a firmware update which fixed the problem and allows you to continue getting the box running, trust @Vikkik   also has that now and could proceed to activation.

importantly the box instantly tuned all the FTA channels, including ABC, so the replacement exercise was worthwhile, it would be nice if things Fetch wise worked smoother, 18 days since the original case was posted (they refused to replace unit)  and after complaining, 11 days since case lodged to replace the unit.  We did lose a few days while they fixed the firmware to allow the new box to activate.

Firmware updated from 3.7.9071 to 3.7.97476

Software updated to 3.12.1 

0 Kudos
jjwarns
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hello. How did you get your box firmware updated? I have been sent a second box now with this exact issue. Have been back and forth multiple times with support and not one person has mentioned this issue. Thank you!
0 Kudos
Tina_YC

HI @jjwarns, The STB will detect the upgrade and will download and install the update automatically which usually happens overnight.
Another method is forcing the update by restarting the set top box. This can either by done via the settings or power cycling the set top box.

Let us know how you go. Tina.

jjwarns
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hi @Tina_YC . Thanks for your reply! I have tried that - the last box we left on overnight and nothing... I can't get into the settings for the box (as it's stuck on the grey start-up screen) and have tried pressing the red, yellow, blue, green buttons (in the order on the remote) to force the reset and it still won't work. Is there any other way that we can force the firmwear to update? 

Thanks again! 

0 Kudos