cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Highlighted
New Contributor SamIam
New Contributor

Fetch TV freezing at Optus / My Plan

Went into Menu / Optus / My Plan to check and change subscriptions. STB froze. Had to pull plug and restart. Is this a known issue?

Also: Can anyone tell me how I can see my Fetch TV subscription /  account details under My Optus (so I can check and change subscriptions)? Only shows Broadband and Phone when I log in.

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fetch TV freezing at Optus / My Plan

Fetch Subscriptions are not shown on MyOptus App. You check and change them only on the Fetch box itself in it menu. 

The freezing isn't a common issue (you're the first I've ever heard tell). Are you saying after a reboot if you try again then it freezes everytime you try?

Are you ok with performing a hard rest (you'll lose your recordings and have to set the box up again)?

Seperate tip: When you do get the chance to change subscriptions make sure you remove subscriptions before you add others back in (if you are swapping them that is). You will be charged for two packs if you have two active at once even if only for 10 seconds.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi Samlam,

@cookieyc reported this issue happening to them too last weekend.

I just tried it myself on my own Fetch box, I got a black screen with a red half moon like image for about 5 seconds but then the screen finally appeared. It wouldn't allow me to select the back arrow in the top left hand corner, I had to press Exit on my remote and then enter my Parental PIN... weird.

I would try a soft reset (instructions on the link above) before a hard reset.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor LizardKing
New Contributor

I have a similar problem with the freezing my plan menu. Also undet this menu it shows I have   2 subscriptions (which change channels now and then without input from me) for which I am being charged but the Manage Subcription menu only only shows the free Optus Sports being active. How can I unsubscribe unwanted channels if they are not shown as active subscriptions on Manage Subscription menu. I have done both a soft and hard reset without removing the problem(s). Please help...

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

It sounds like a faulty box. Optus are pretty good at refunding charges of you get in touch. Also ask for a new box. It's leased so they will send one out and arrange for a courier to pick up the polls one.

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Top Contributors