Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Ssmi
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch TV issue

Hi,

My Fetch Box has not been able to log in since 6pm last night. Is there an outage?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Jeneral__Pain
Trusted Contributor
Trusted Contributor

Re: Fetch TV issue

Not that I'm currently aware of, I'm assuming you've shut down the box and restarted it (Soft Reset)?

Have you called or chatted with Optus about your box not logging in?

I'm a Yes-Crowd Contributor, not an Optus Employee, and I contribute on a voluntary basis. Did someone on Yes Crowd answer your question? Did they share a great tip Please remember to acknowledge their awesomeness by throwing a Kudo and or Accepted Solution their way.
Ssmi
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch Box not Active

We are having the same issue. I contacted webchat and was advised this was due to migration to a new billing system, but I was not advised that it wouldn’t activate unti 30/06 ughhh. Would have been nice to be advised of this prior to the outage. 

TexZero
Contributor
Contributor

Apparently we were notified by email, letter or a tile on Fetch. I definitely didn’t get an email or letter and I did see a tile on Fetch. It’s possible my kids clicked past it but a message on the Fetch box doesn’t seem the most reliable way for a company to communicate major service disruptions.

0 Kudos
DrKildare
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Same issue & feedback (re: timeline) as original post.

We also had an NBN outage for most of yesterday which seemed to align to the Fetch activation issue.

Internet restored however Fetch box still unusable.

0 Kudos
FetchTV
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV issue

Hey
Fetch TV jumping in to help you with this one.  Give Optus a call on 1300 720 084.  They deactivated some Fetch boxes as part of a billing system update.  The team on this number will be able to update you on status of your box, and help you getting it going again.

Cheers

Fetch

FetchTV
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Hey

Fetch TV jumping in here to assist you. Please call Optus on 1300 720 084.  They deactivated some Fetch boxes as part of a billing system clean up.  The team on this phone number should be across the situation and able to confirm the status of your Fetch box.  

Cheers

Fetch TV

FetchTV
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV failed login

Hey

Fetch TV jumping in here to assist you. Please call Optus on 1300 720 084.  They deactivated some Fetch boxes as part of a billing system clean up.  The team on this phone number should be across the situation and able to confirm the status of your Fetch box. There is no need to wait until June 30 - this is incorrect information you have been given. 

Cheers

Fetch TV

0 Kudos
DrKildare
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Cheers @FetchTV - was going to be on hold for 30 minutes but managed to reactivate our existing box through the "Register your set-top box" option via Optus My Account & entering the serial number.

Restarted & was able to enter the code received - back in business!

Bad_Service
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Fetch Deactivated - Optus Sport Subscription Cancelled

Where do I start????

Part 1

Wake up Friday morning to a message on my Fetch service that the Box is not activated, for no apparant reason after using it for over a year. I spend over an hour mucking around getting getting the box re-activated. 

Part 2 

I notice later that afternoon that my free subscription to Optus Sports is gone. I check my subscriptions and there is no tick next to the Optus Sports subscription. I live chat with Optus and the person says they have added the subscription back on and to "wait 30 minutes". I said, "I don't see a tick next to the subscription. Is there anything I need to do?". He said, "No, just wait 30 minutes it will be there."

After several hours of waiting, I went to bed and hoped it would be there in the morning. It wasn't!

Part 3

I live chat again and explain that I still don't have my Sports subscription. After being assured the free Sport was on my account I tried to subscribe by ticking the sports subscription despite the message that it will cost $14.99 per month. It gives an error message and says I cannot subscribe. They say they need to put me through to the "Fetch Technical Team" [Keep in mind it is now Saturday]. They put me through to the Team and then I am on hold. I went back to the chat and said I did not want to be on hold and that in Part 1 they had arranged for someone to ring me when they were available, so they then arranged for someone to ring me back. Fine.

Part 4

I get a call back from someone from the "Technical Team" not knowing who I am or what the issue is. I start again and explain the problem. After about 10 minutes he tells me, "I am from the NBN Technical team you need the Fetch Technical Team". But wait, there's more...then he tells me "the Fetch Technical Team don't work on Saturday or Sunday". Are you kidding me Optus! What kind of joke of a service are you running.

Part 5

After Part 4 I go back to live chat and the first thing the person asks me, is my issue regarding Fetch TV. I say yes. He then says  the Fetch accounts are migrating to a new billing system and services will be unavailable until 30th of June. WTF! So I can't fix the Sports subscription until 30th June? "No". The left hand does not know what the right hand is doing. Everytime you speak to a different person you get a different answer. 

So to sum up: Optus deactivated my Fetch box for no reason; I had 4 live chats and two phone conversations to try and fix it; I received different stories from different people;  I had to waste my own time speaking with a multiple of people to try and fix a probem caused by Optus; It's now Sunday and whilst I have my Fetch, I do not have Sports and it does not appear I will have any chance of getting it until 30th June. 

Finally, let me say this. I am happy with my "service" when it is working properly. Fetch is great, my internet connection is great, but when things go pear-shaped Optus "customer service" is RUBBISH! There are clearly communication propblems with all these people based in India. I found it difficult to understand them at times and they perhaps found it difficult to understand me. 

Very Unhappy

Top Contributors