Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
COVID-19 impact to Yes Crowd & Contact Centres info here
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch TV daily restart

I am so sick of this , got an exchange fetch mighty box and still have the same problems. When you are not watching it overnight because you are sleeping, the gremlins come. Wake up , turn on tv and blank screen on fetch. Go to settings, audio visual, restart. Every day. I like fetch tv when it works, the reason I got it was to replace expensive Foxtel and fetch tv can record. What is going on? Why does it have to be restarted everyday? At least it holds an internet connection as the last box you had to connect to internet every time you started it up. The box is connected to a power board and so is Foxtel box, it is connected by wifi. Has anybody got their box connect by Ethernet cable? And do you have the same problems? I believe the fault is with the fetch box, I have never had problems with Foxtel box. 

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

Re: Fetch TV daily restart

That's not normal behavior for the Fetch box. If you can't resolve it then you'll need to swap it over again.

That said the issue you describe could be either the TV or the Fetch box or a setting. You're not crlear what device your using when you reset the display - is that the TV menu you're referring to?

The issues you are describing are also unlikely to be related to wifi, ethernet, network connections FWIW.

Can I suggest the following to try work out what is going on:

1. Check/disable any SLEEP settings on the TV menu and the FETCH menu.

2. Try plug the Fetch TV into a different HDMI plug in the TV.

3. Does the issue happen during the day at all? Leave the TV/Fetch same as you do at night for 4 hours during the day and then see. 

4. Does the issue happen every single night?

5. Do you have a different HDMI cable you could use to test with? Swap the Foxtel HDMI cable with the Fetch?

6. Do you have a reciever in the mix (or is the FetchTV plugged straight into the TV?)

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

I have a similar problem. occurs around fortnightly. Screen goes blank but all menus work. I've tried all HDMI ports and new cables with no joy. I can only resolve it by pulling the plug at the wall.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Mine also needs a restart (power cycle is quickest) everyday. Direct HDMI into tv from Fetch, nothing else involved.

Will check for a software update.

This forum also needs help - when I find a topic and want to reply to it, logging in takes me to the top and I have to search for the topic again - it should just go back the topic from the login. Most other fora do this.

jp

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

@jp928, we've recently rolled out Firmware update 2.18 Daintree. The update has begun progressively rolling out from the 30th of Jan.

Manage> Settings> Device Info

When viewing this page on your TV screen you will see an overview.

If the box currently says 2.17 Cascade, we’ll need you to perform a “Fetch Box Restart”.

Manage> Settings> Device Info> Options> Fetch TV Box Restart.

This will trigger the box to download the latest firmware and update to 2.18 Daintree.

If you're still having issues, we might need to look into organising a replacement device for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
If you've found my answer helpful, please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Honoured Contributor
Honoured Contributor

@jp928

I agree that the forum configuration is unusual. Usually there's an unread topics mode or new posts (replies) get sorted back up to the top. Here a new post might get a few answers before it gently slips down the pages. I assume this is because some posts can be pretty critical (rightly and wrongly). Unless you're checking in every day then they've likely been demoted to page 2 and never seen by 99% of members.

Regards

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Similar issue becoming daily restart - first time use each day - due to Fetch "being asleep" with press any key to continue. No key pressed wakes it up so have to unplug, plug in again and wait to re-start. Now whilst watching free to air you cannot bring up channel or any menu and have to unplug and plug in again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
RetiredModerator
RetiredModerator

To organise a replacement set top box due to a hardware failure, please send us your details via this online form → Report a problem with TV or Content

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

I've just found this forum chat and it's the 26th of December 2018.  For the past two weeks, off and on, when someine in my family goes to watch Netflix we get a grey screen.  The only way I can fix it is to unplug the Fetch Box and plug it back in.  Just before this all started happening, we got a blank red screen and my son had to update the Fetch Box.  This is getting beyond annoying now.  I shouldn't have to keep unplugging and plugging the Fetch Box back in.  Please tell me how to rectify this.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor
Contributor

Havent found a fix yet. My box has already been replaced once, no change. On latest firmware, still wont wake up from sleep without a reboot. Optus blame it on my Sony TV doing something. If I watch a recording of > 1hour its common for it to stop responding to remote before the end. It went nuts once  during a sheduled recording , and it listed as lasting > 21hours.

Almost complete rubbish.

jp

0 Kudos