cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor symo007
New Contributor

Fetch TV , charged for free channel pack after adding the ‘free’ mini

So just switched to Nbn and got a new Gen3 fetch to replace the Grn2 and also took up the free for 6 months mini offer.  

One our first bill there is a $6 channel charge but no credit.

Rang Optus and was told the 1 free channel pack was only for the Might box and we get charged for the pack in the mini. 

Complete BS if you ask me and needless to say the not so free mini will be cancelled and returned. 

Anyone else noticed / experienced this ?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fetch TV , charged for free channel pack after adding the ‘free’ mini

I would be annoyed at that too. However you've been given the wrong information I suspect. Purchased packs can be viewed on all Optus fetch devices with only a single subscription. The free credit just comes off the bill. 

Did you set up multi room on the second device?

Peter Gillespie

0 Kudos
New Contributor symo007
New Contributor

Yes , multi room is setup and working great.

I can only go by what the Optus agent said yesterday.

There was credit for the Mini and the Mighty boxes ( for some reason the mighty box credit was 47 cents short )  but no credit for the channel pack which she said was chargeable on the mini. 

If I can be bothered I’ll call again but then again I shouldn’t have to call them multiple times to see if I get a different answer. 

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Definitely on Optus. 

The pack you ordered should only be listed once on the bill with multi setup The  free pack credit is just an automatic addition that appears if you have any other fetch offer taken up. It should appear there regardless of how many fetch units you have.

Peter Gillespie

PS billing might be a business only hours department. Not sure

0 Kudos
Top Contributors