cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
New Contributor
New Contributor

Fetch TV cancellation and returning fetch mini not owned by optus.

Hi Guys,

I bought my fetch mini from Harvey Norman for $168. I then decided to subscribe to optus fetch tv network. After 1 year, I have decided to cancel my subscription. Optus has asked for me to send my fetch mini to them. Is that correct? Does optus have an inventory list? Does optus know what items are sent out to their customers....and importantly will I be charged for not returning my fetch mini that Optus does not own?

Antonio 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Respected Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Fetch TV cancellation and returning fetch mini not owned by optus.

You cannot subscribe to an Optus Fetch service without a fetch box from Optus.

You can subscribe directlyw ith fetch themselves at a retail level with a store purchased retail box.

Are you sure Optus did not send you a fetch box?

Hey @Antonio1980, I'm a little confused by your post, did you purchase a STB from Harvey Norman then order another from Optus? Any Fetch hardware provided by Optus remains our property. If you don't return hardware after cancelling a non return fee will be charged to your bill. Let me know if you need further clarification

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor
New Contributor

My first (a) fetch mini was from Optus and my second (b) fetch mini was bought from Harvey Norman. I added my second (b) fetch mini to my plan. And it did work. After 1 year I decided to cancel (b). They sent me a satchel to return my fetch mini (b). I have been going in circles explaining this. 

Antonio

0 Kudos

Thanks for the additional information. So you'd returned the hardware but have received a letter asking you to send it? If you send me a PM I can check that out on my end, I'd just need your full name, account number and DOB 

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos