cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
Occasional Contributor muzza008
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV can not show videos on my NAS

Sorry guys, when I said it was solved, I should have been clear and said my issue was solved not what the original poster's issue was. Man Embarassed

0 Kudos
New Contributor the_damonator
New Contributor

Thanks for your response. I found that I got it working again by performing a soft reset (20 minute task), only for the NAS  to drop off overnight. Repeat, worked fine again, drop off again. I noticed the NAS visibility was consistent with that of internet-based TV channels. When the channels wouldn’t play, a message about tethering from mobile would appear. Optus tech support told me that they don’t support such issues if experienced over wireless broadband. Disappointing. So I went out and bought an Apple TV today and it outperforms the Fetch box by a country mile. The fetch box is now retired after only 18 months of use. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Contributor Repofmancunia1
Contributor

Mate, I struggled with this for three days until I worked out my my NAS box has three folders 192.168.0.30\music etc. When I connected to to these drives (as per Share) (they werenot visible under my share with 192.168.0.30\Multimedia ----and populated the Music / Vide / Photos folders (all three connected individually) then all issues resolved themselves....

0 Kudos
New Contributor Thanioti
New Contributor

Hi Bernie.

I've had the same issue since what appears to be a recent firmware update by Fetch.

Fetch is not very good at being an all in one 'Smart' media box.

In fact, the native DLNA media support, Netflix and other Media apps is much richer directly from my Samsung Smart TV then Fetch.

I now treat it as another dumb box and am thinking of getting rid of Fetch+Optus all together and switching to Telstra TV which includes Foxtel Now & a shiny Roku media player. This is helped by the fact that Optus dont want to pass on a discount to my current bundled plan that new customers have been entitled too. Lucky Im out of contract Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor James1969
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

after being fixed with update

i can now no longer see my ReadyNAS on my media hub at all? 2.22 heathcote same on 3 different fetch tv’s… pls help

0 Kudos
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi,

Please try a soft reset.

If that doesn't resolve it, please log a fault.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor James1969
Occasional Contributor

It appears it was a communication error as I hard reset and re synced the NAS and it shows up now.

Thanks for your help

New Contributor MickeyO
New Contributor

I found ReadyDLNA in > ADMIN > SYSTEM > SETTINGS needed to be switched on. Also check your access permissions. I could see my NAS drive on my network on any computer but not on my fetch box. After tweeking, can now play Media from my NAS. Must say had issues with Fetch Gen 11 but assumed was the Lan connection. Fetch Mighty with wireless seems to connect immediately after tweeking. Previously if I tweeked with Fetch Gen 11 connected, wait a few minutes and sometimes connected. The experience of the wait stopped me trying as I lost what worked and what did not. 

Top Contributors