cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Occasional Contributor cinder
Occasional Contributor

Fetch TV box won't connect via direct ethernet

I am onto my 2nd Fetch TV box with exactly the same issue. It will not connect to my network (can't detect). My connection is via ethernet wall cable back to the modem (no powerline adaptors required). The wall port works successfully with other devices, as does the ethernet cable.

Mutiple restarts do not rectify the issue, and the box has been reset as per technical support instructions. As soon as I plug something into any ethernet port in the house, it should automatically log onto the network and be allocated an IP address. My network is not detecting it.

Starts off with 2 blue lights then one turns to red as it can't register an IP address. Please help! Cannot progress passed this screen.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Occasional Contributor cinder
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV box won't connect via direct ethernet

I'll just resolve my own issues Smiley Tongue

Bypassed the 24 port switch and plugged this one cable from patch panel into router directly, and Fetch TV box decided to co-operate. Unsure why this occured. Realise this isn't necessarily an Optus issue but it might pay to at least have tech support enquire about your network set up, rather than telling you your speed might not be fast enough for the FTB. Smiley Frustrated and trying to 'reset' network settings that weren't even able to be set up in the first place. 

0 Kudos
RetiredModerator Nghi
RetiredModerator

Thanks for letting us know cinder and I'm glad it's working for you now. Reading your original post I was under impression that Fetch TV box was connected directly to modem and not through a switch in between. Sorry for all the confusion. Our Tech Support crew aren't trained to troubleshoot internal networks as there are lots of things that that can prevent connection. We would normally ask you to connect directly to modem to troubleshoot.

0 Kudos
New Contributor BruceAnn
New Contributor

Hi. I had the same issue after upgrading from Fetch to Fetch Mighty. Swapped out box, same cables etc. Ethernet was previously working fine but the Fetch Mighty refused to recognise the wired connection. WiFi OK. Tested cabling with laptop confirmed entire link back to switch was fine so called support and new Fetch Mighty sent out. This also did not work.. same issue.

Connected Fetch Mighty directly to switch with 2m patch cable and link came up. Replaced with long 10m patch cable and link would not come up.

Ethernet should run to 100m so it appears the Fetch Mighty does not implement 1000BaseT Ethernet correctly as per standard. Eventually resolved the problem by forcing switchport to 100-auto mode. Fetch Mighty then recognised the connection and has no issues. This should not affect performance as 100Mb/s is more than adequate for streaming media content and in any case faster/more reliable than using wireless.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos