Searching...
Accepted Solution

Fetch TV box HDD failure

geosin

When i turn my set top box on, it shows

" HDD Failure to mount, restart and if problem persists conatct provider"

So i turn off and restart after few minutes and sometimes it happens again.

"Critical Hardware Fault, restat and if persist contact provider"

I can't watch any tv as the fetch box was our TV tuner.
I cannot log in to your site report using the account number on my bill and cannot get any joy from live chat.
Geoff

Re: Fetch TV box HDD failure

Xenomorph

Hi!

Have you already tried a Sof Reset / Factory reset?

Just a reminder that scanned channels, display settings & customisation are lost but purchase rights will not be lost.  You will need to re-activate the Set Top Box. 

-------------------
My answers are just my opinions. It doesn't represent Optus or any of it's staffs.
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! Smiley Wink

-------------------
Click Kudos if you find it helpful, and please mark it as an anwer if your problem has been resolved! Smiley Wink
Solution

SamSam

I've heard of this happening if you have a USB/hard drive plugged into the Fetch box when you're trying to boot it up. Any chance you have one connected? If so, try unplugging it and restarting. Otherwise a soft reset sounds like the go!

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I do not represent Optus. The views, opinions and advice expressed in my posts are my own
Highlighted

lyn60

Hi, i had exactly the same problem with Fetch box. I went into Optus store on Wednesday as like you had no solution from Live Chat. I was told to ring a number but as i am hearing impaired and unable to ring the lovely assistant there rang for me.

So i am getting a new replacement  box and have to send the broken one back but not at my cost as when new on delivered it includes a satchet to send broken one back. Now just got to wait for new box to come, got activation code yesterday so hopefully soon.

Lyn

nufink

I believe the "cant watch on pc" is meaning there is no app available like for mobiles to watch live and not in relation to the recordings.

I have been able to watch recordings on windows 10 in the past until the mighty crashed.. albeit they are slow and stuttery due to the network I presume.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
47 Kudos
17 Kudos
16 Kudos
11 Kudos
11 Kudos