Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
New Contributor jackmack50
New Contributor

Fetch TV - beIN Sports

Hello,

I just wondered given your major television competitor just added 3 x beIN sports channels are part of a standard sports, whether this will also occur with Fetch TV? Will you bring out 3 beIN sport channels, and add them to standard channel access?

Thanks

Jack

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Re: Fetch TV - beIN Sports

Hey Jack

You'd be best to ask Fetch TV as they control the channels available to Optus (except EPL).

Fetch have stated on Facebook they they are in discussion with beIN about options etc.

The beIn on Fetch is now broadcast in HD.

Contributor FetchTVSupport
Contributor

Hey

Fetch TV here, answering this one for Optus.

At this stage we will offer only the new beIN SPORTS 1 HD channel and it will remain a $14.95 per month add on in line with our current contract with beIN SPORTS.  We aren't able to confirm anything on the additional two channels at this time.  Obviously something we'd like to do, but subject to negotiation.  Sorry we can't provide any more info just yet.

Cheers

Sue

Fetch TV Support

Occasional Contributor windmill777
Occasional Contributor

So with Euro2016 games are now on both channel 1 and 2 and we will not have channel 2 it seems.

Disappointing subscription.

0 Kudos
Frequent Contributor
Frequent Contributor

Hey windmill777

I think all but 2 games of euro16 are live on bein 1. Other 2 on delay.

0 Kudos
Occasional Contributor windmill777
Occasional Contributor

so far 4 games live on bein2, 2 already played on bein2 and 2 more tomorrow. For a customer minded company it wouldnt be hard to give choice to the subscribers which one to watch.

0 Kudos
Contributor FetchTVSupport
Contributor

Hey there,

Fetch TV Support jumping in for Optus.  Of the 51 games we have 45 live on beIN SPORTS 1, and the other 6 are available as delayed.  Unfortunately we do not have an agreement in place with beIN SPORTS for the other two channels, which means Optus is unable to make them available to you.  We're not able to comment on the status of ongoing negotiations on new channels, so can't provide any more information on whether we will eventually be able to access the additional two.

We hope you are otherwise enjoying your Fetch TV service, and the EUROs.

Cheers

Sue - Fetch TV

New Contributor KingMalik
New Contributor

Hi Sue,

Given that I have purchased the beIN package on Fetch TV via Optus why am I not able to login to beIN sports online to watch the other channels and the extra content outside of beIN 1?

Thanks

Malik

0 Kudos
New Contributor Dean12234455
New Contributor

It's ridiculous to have only Bein Sports 1 as depending on which league you follow depends which channel it's broadcast on. Ie. La Liga games on Bein2, Bundesliga on Bein1. Very frustrating. Will change to Foxtel unless this resolves very soon.

Ps I used to work in TV distribution so package would be easily negotiated and streamed at flick of a switch. So put your customers first please. PPS. Bein sports has up to 12-15 channels. Why not get them all and become the leader in sports broadcasting in ANZ. Give Fox a run for their money. ?