cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Welcome to the new look Community! We're still upgrading and making some changes to the platform over the coming weeks! Stay tuned.
New Contributor Interceptor
New Contributor

Fetch TV and google home

Hi, I am trying to link google home to my fetch box but all I get is ‘return to app’ after I try and authorities the link. 

Has anyone else had this issue? Is there any updates anyone knows to try?  I has tried to do this on an iPad, iPhone. 

Thanks 

Martin

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Re: Fetch TV and google home

Tried it on my android phone and also with the Google Home Min using the guide here 

https://www.fetchtv.com.au/pdf/googlehome.pdf

It didn't work, couldn't see the Fetch box in the Google Home (discovery tab).

Here is how I got it working using my phone. 

1. Okay Google, Talk to Fetch. The Google Assistant asked to link my Fetch account.Web browser opens to the Fetch page to enter the Fetch Activation code and Pin. 

2. Enter the Activation code and Parental Pin. Returns to the Google Assistant screen.

3. Say, "talk to Fetch". then issue commands. 

Hope that helps.

Maybe try to delete/unlink Fetch from your google account and try again. 

Saying that, I still prefer using the Remote

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
New Contributor Interceptor
New Contributor

Thanks SillyGogo, 

I tried your solutions but I still get the same thing. I might have to try it on an android and see how it goes. 

Thanks again for the help. 

0 Kudos
Crowd Champion SillyGogo
Crowd Champion

Thanks for the update. At times I found I have better success setting up Google thing with an android phone. Saying that, I have more wins with an ipad than an iPhone. 

I’m a Yes Crowd Champion (not an Optus employee). I share my knowledge on Yes Crowd on a voluntary basis. If I answered your question, please mark it as a Accepted Solution. If I helped you out, hit that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors