Searching...

Fetch TV and Bein sports

bcook

So I read the press release on the ability to bundle the bein sports package with fetch tv, which says

"Fetch Subscribers will have access to beIN SPORTS’ full comprehensive line up of premium sports"

unfortunately, "full comprehensive" access to bein sports content doesn't involve access to anything other than the live channels.  When you are paying full price relative to subscribing to bein sports directly and getting access to a whole lot of other on demand content.  

This is incredibly misleading, and I am very frustrated with paying so much to have relatively little access to bein content.  Unfortunately, I can't seem to find any way to complain to Optus about it.  I tried submitting a ticket thing, but it's been about a week and I haven't gotten any response to it...

Re: Fetch TV and Bein sports

Dan_C

Hi @bcook,

So I read the press release on the ability to bundle the bein sports package with fetch tv, which says

"Fetch Subscribers will have access to beIN SPORTS’ full comprehensive line up of premium sports"

That's something we went out with? I'm having trouble locating any info stating we're offering "bundled" beINSPORTS/fetch service.

The only change I'm aware of, is the addition of beINSPORTS 2 & 3. The pricing has changed from an additional $14.99 to $19.95.

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

bcook

Bundled as in, additional content available through fetch and billed with fetch?

That seems like a bundle to me.

But regardless, it does state in all the documentation that it gives 'full access' to bein, who also charge $19.99 for access to everything (including all the on demand content/ability to not watch live etc.).  It's pretty shady to list the same price for 'full access' and really not do that.  That's a bigger deal than debating whether or not it's 'bundled'

[ Edited ]
Dan_C

I'm just trying to understand how it's been worded and how it's likely to be interpreted by customers.

When I see word "bundled" used, it suggests that there's a benefit to bundling i.e. reduced cost.

If we've said comprehensive or "full" access, then I'd be under the impression that I'd be receiving all services offered by beIN.

It's fetch themselves who've introduced the new offer.

We provide the same benefit to Optus Fetch customers as Fetch to do their own customers, for example, those that have purchased their service directly through Fetch and not a third-party supplier. 

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/entertainment/tv-movies-music/fetch-tv/channels

See See premium football from around the world, including Serie A, La Liga and Ligue 1. Plus enjoy the best of the WTA Tour, international test rugby and more LIVE on beIN SPORTS 1, 2 & 3 for $19.99 per month extra.

I don't think there's any misleading about how we've phrased the offering. 

We’re currently performing upgrades to the Yes Crowd platform.

Please be mindful that moderator responses may be delayed until the upgrade is complete. We apologise for any inconvenience during this time.

***Please note I am not currently with the Yes Crowd team.***

This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy

bcook

Yeah, turns out in this case, packaging them is just strictly worse and you get way less for your money.

That's not something that I would expect as a consumer.

Fetch basically tell you to contact your provider and have no contact details themselves they want you to use.

Anyway, it's a terrible service for what you pay.  Fetch definitely has the ability to provide full integration with their bein package; if you add bein to Foxtel you get full access to on demand content...  but Fetch are happy to try and rip off their consumers by purhcasing the cheaper wholesale access to just the channels and having more profit for anyone silly enough to bother with their awful service.

Even if there's nothing optus can do about it, at least hopefully this will tell other people not to bother with this.

Sputnik

I noticed the thread of several other forums that dated back to 2016 and little progress has been made.

I signed up for the Ultimate Entertainment Pack + EPL in December 2018 and I have just noticed that although Fetch TV are covering the Rugby Union 6 Nations Cup via bein sport it is not available through Optus.

It looks as though the only way to view it is via a competitor for an inflated $19.99 per month.

https://getbein.beinsports.com/au/sport/rugby/

If anyone knows different please advise.

Sputnik

Just 10 minutes on and I may have answered my question as I stumbled upon this page :-

https://www.optus.com.au/for-you/entertainment/tv-movies-music/fetch-tv#special_interest_sport

It looks like I can get an additional beIN sports package via Optus, but there's no discount as it is still $19.99 per month.

As much as I like rugby I think I'll give it a miss.

Post a Reply
Top Contributors
56 Kudos
50 Kudos
21 Kudos
14 Kudos
12 Kudos