Yep mines not working either and I’m using a Fetch mini

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Harrison
Contributor
Contributor

Re: Fetch TV YouTube App not loading

Ok so just to reaffirm.

you have a Fetch mini, software up to date. And the YouTube app is available but not working? 

This would mean that the information that Optus has told AnnieB55 is incorrect. 

0 Kudos
Sdcf
New Contributor
New Contributor

Alright this might be the needle that breaks it. 

At out last property we were far from the exchange and accepted that we would not have the kind of connection that supported hd streaming. We somehow managed hd netflix through fetch but Stan, movie/tv store and youtube really struggled. 

We moved house and were connected to nbn within the month. Great. Out internet speeds were off the charts. We tested it and we could stream hq music and hd video through multiple computers and multiple mobiles at the same time. We thought we finally might be able to stream the movies and tv shows that weve paid months and months of stan/fetch subscruptions for and now that hav the internet to support it. 

Nup.

Even with every other mobile and computer disconnected, Stan still can’t stream decent quality, i’ve tried to watch Community tv show and Han Solo movie through stan every week in the last 4 weeks weve been connected but it had never gotten close to the quality i can achieve through other providers

Are you trying to improve fetch/stan? I have not seen any progess in the above mentioned departments issues.

For monrhs i am very ready to go find a squad. Good luck. 

0 Kudos
AnnieB55
New Contributor
New Contributor

Ye, that's what I told them. I have a Mighty and I still can't get YT. It's been intermittent for me  for a couple of weeks now but it hasn't loaded YT at for the past 2 days now. Very annoying.

0 Kudos
SueMB
New Contributor
New Contributor

Mine is working now. 

0 Kudos
Simmer
New Contributor
New Contributor

Working here too. Either Fetch or Optus or YouTube knew that this app would be out of service for a while, and therefore should have notified users, or, more likely, the coder who wrote the new format failed to properly check that it was fully functional before releasing it. I think that every time that an app is modified in a way which will affect users, it should be tested by a randomly selected group (say 10 users), NOT just tested on the coder's system.

0 Kudos
Ray_YC
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Hi all,

This message came through on the weekend: 

Customers attempting to access YouTube or TedTalks app on their Fetch box are intermittently having problems getting the app to load. 

Customers are seeing a page with a Monkey holding a magnify glass with the error "This page isn't available. Sorry about that. Try searching for something else.". 

This is intermittent and will eventually load normally if the customer exits and reattempts to open YouTube again.

We don’t know how long at this stage but YouTube and Fetch are working closely on getting this fixed as quickly as they can.

As of this (Friday) evening Fetch will be putting up a tile and landing page on the apps carousel addressing the issue to customers and advising that they are working on getting it fixed.

As per the most recent posts hopefully this is fixed now, if not as per above it is being worked on by YouTube and Fetch.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community. This guide explains how everything works on here and you should also check out our Community Guidelines.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos