cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
View your usage, get billing support and much more with the My Optus app, download it here
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Fetch TV Support - Soft reset

If you're experiencing issues with your Fetch TV box, usually performing a Soft Reset will help get it working again.

How do I soft reset my Fetch box? 

Follow the instructions below to perform a soft reset:

1.  Turn off your Fetch TV set top box and wait at least 30 seconds. After this time turn the box on again
  2. Within the first 2 minutes of your Fetch box starting up - press the colour buttons on your remote in this order:
  3. Optus_1-1573612839084.png
  4. Keep pressing these buttons in the order above until you see the REM/REC light on the front of your Fetch box start flashing red. This usually occurs after the screen turns off and on. Your set top box will then reboot.
  5.  All that's left is to re-enter your Fetch activation code and res-can channels 

If you're still experiencing issues after this you can try a hard/factory reset. 

Fetch TV - Hard Reset

Please see our How to reset your Fetch box help and support page which has the instructions for both a soft and hard reset.

A soft reset can also be done by pressing Menu then:

1. From the Manage option choose Settings
2. Select Device Info
3. From the Option menu, choose Soft Factory Reset (you may need to enter the PIN to perform this function).
4. Read the Soft Factory Reset Warning which advises your channel list and Activation Code / Fetch ID will be deleted from the box. If supported, your recordings and series tags will not be deleted.

Please contact Fetch if you need to find out if your Fetch box is supported.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

Re: Fetch TV Support - Soft reset

Great. I just followed these instructions and it did a hard reset. Thanks a lot. I just lost all my recordings. again.
0 Kudos
Highlighted

Hi SarRic,

This is advised in the instructions on the hard reset page: "Keep in mind that by doing a hard reset and following these instructions this will remove any recordings you currently have."

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Occasional Contributor

yes. but this sequence is suppose to be for a SOFT reset, not a hard reset

Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Pressed the coloured buttons in the order advised for about 5 minutes
Nothing happened
Highlighted
New Contributor
New Contributor

Same thing just happened to me 😫
Highlighted
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Please see our How to reset your Fetch box help and support page which has the instructions for both a soft and hard reset.

A soft reset can also be done by pressing Menu then:

1. From the Manage option choose Settings
2. Select Device Info
3. From the Option menu, choose Soft Factory Reset (you may need to enter the PIN to perform this function).
4. Read the Soft Factory Reset Warning which advises your channel list and Activation Code / Fetch ID will be deleted from the box. If supported, your recordings and series tags will not be deleted.

Please contact Fetch if you need to find out if your Fetch box is supported.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and be generous with that Kudos button Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Top Contributors