Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ask a Question
Optus
Online Community Manager
Online Community Manager

Fetch TV Support - Hard Reset

If you're experiencing issues with your Fetch TV box and you've already tried a Soft Reset, you can also perform a Hard Reset which should get you back up and running.

Keep in mind: By performing a hard reset, this will remove any recordings you currently have saved on your device. 

How to hard reset your Fetch set top box? 

Follow the steps below to perform a hard reset: 

1. Turn off your Fetch TV set top box and wait at least 30 seconds. After this time turn the box on again

2. Within the first 2 minutes of your Fetch box starting up - press the colour buttons on your& remote in this order:

Fetch TV hard reset sequence.png

3. Keep pressing these buttons in the order above until you see the REM/REC light on the front of your Fetch box start flashing red. This usually occurs after the screen turns off and on. Your set top box will then reboot

4. Re-enter your activation code and re-scan channels to reactivate your Fetch set top box      

Still having issues? 

If you're still experiencing issues with your Fetch service, reach out to one of our experts by messaging us in the My Optus app. 

If a replacement device is deemed necessary, we'll walk you through the replacement process.  You will need to return your faulty Fetch set top box back to us. 

Related articles: 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
aaubry1
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch TV - Hard Reset

Mt Fetch TV does not work. The screen turns Green and goes in sleep mode after 15mns of any TV  channel. I tried both Soft and Hard reset and it still does not work.

My Internet seems to work fine. What else should I do?

Thanks

0 Kudos
itt
New Contributor
New Contributor

Re: Fetch TV Support - Hard Reset

it is imposable to reset the fetch box but you cant expect much from something that is so cheaply made. how can it work properly if the cost of fetch mini is less than$2.50us that is what it would cost me to make my own box so even cheaper in bulk. please scrap all fetch boxes and add a delete button on the remote and a reset button on the box. it will cost less than.05 of a cent us to fix the box and remote. i am disappointed with fetch if it wasn't for the fact that i can not use my computer in my bedroom and would return it. utube is the only good thing on it
0 Kudos
Jack_YC

Re: Fetch TV Support - Hard Reset

Hi there @itt, not great to see you're feeling this way. I've flagged your post as feedback for the relevant teams to review. 

Just to clarify, you can perform a soft reset of your Fetch Box by using the Fetch remote. For more info, you can check out this Yes Crowd thread. You can also message us via the My Optus App if you do require any assistance with your Fetch box. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I’m part of the Yes Crowd team, employed by Optus to help run our online community.

Did we answer your question? Please mark it as a Accepted Solution and if you see something that was helpful to you or the rest of the community, giving a Kudos is only a click away.

Top Contributors